Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• vaprarts
    Reply to Down selling to clients
    vaprarts
    Now i have no real experience working with clients but in my opinion you did what most designers should do. You are being hired as a designer not an artist. Its our job to create work that makes sense....
    Today, 02:58 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Zoo Business Card Critique Wanted
    Buda
    I really like the aesthetic.

Will you do more in the series? You could have a different design for different departments.
    Today, 02:44 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Sweden's official national typeface
    Buda
    Cool idea but I'm not convinced that font will work in every situation. Can they remove Comic Sans from all government computers? That would be a nice start.

My mum works for a government...
    Today, 02:43 AM
  • it52
    Reply to Infographics...struggle
    it52
    I do find them a bit boring. I think the layout and graphics themselves are too simple. I think you can definitely try adding some more detail to the graphics and experiment a bit more with your layo...
    Today, 01:19 AM
  • <b>
    Reply to Down selling to clients
    <b>
    I always try to recommend what I think will work best for the client -- even when it means a lower fee for me. It sort of boils down to a matter of being professional and honest, which as far as I'm concerned,...
    Today, 12:40 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need to change clothing color in PSD

can anyone tell me a good way to change clothing color in PSD? i will eventually have images of 3 different women and i need to change their outfits to yellow tops and green bottoms. (the current clothing colors vary - i.e. blue jeans, pink shirt, orange skirt, purple turtleneck, etc) i know a few ways to do this, but none that have rendered very realistic results. the clothing will need to match two given pantone colors. the images will appear on huge fabric panels (10' x 12') so need to be flawless.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Reality is for people who lack imagination, or so i tell my husband.

You can try to match first by selecting the clothing in PS. In the channels pallet copy and paste or switch the colors. For example if the pants are blue and they need to be red, the dominate colors for blue would be (I'm thinking CMYK but can be done in RGB) cyan and magenta. Switch the cyan with magenta and switch the magenta with yellow. So what used to be cyan is now magenta and what used to be magenta is now yellow. The pants are now red with no loss of detail. You can now adjust the color to match--selective color, curves or levels etc.
    WYSIWYG

Comment

not sure if this would give you the results you are looking for, but you could create a new layer over top of the photo and fill it with the color you want, then set the layer blending mode to "color".
      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

draw a selection around watever article of clothing you are wanting to change the color too. then go into Image>Adjustments>Channel mixer and play around in that until you get the colors right.

there are a million ways to do it, but this is the simplest.
        ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

what works for me a lot is selecting the areas to change, go to the image dropdown>adjustments>hue/saturation. click "colorize", and play with the sliders to get the color you need
          Me Blog, ya scurvy dog----> http://dreamindex.blogspot.com
          click the monkey... you know you want to... <updated 11/26!!

Comment

use color selection to get a nice selection, some clean may be needed depending on other values, then play with curves, selective color, color balance, levels, whatever you like or whatever works for the best result

Comment

I think I might put up a tut on how to do this.
              Less be more.

Comment

Originally posted by Mynock
                I think I might put up a tut on how to do this.
                On all the different ways? lol

Comment

Proper prior planning of the photo shoot might have been easier.

Comment

photoshoot - tell me about it

that's what i said. instead i had to find images on different stock photo sites to match the look and feel of a new website the company is launching. now i have the laborious task of making all their outfits match. am thinking about dressing some friends up in green and yellow clothes, getting some good shots, and calling it a day. pics will probably turn out really good after a few beers! it is friday night after all. HALLELUJAH!

Comment

oh yes, and thanks for all your help everybody!

much appreciated! am going to try some of these new tricks right now.

Comment

oh, one more ?

are these color changes best done in RGB or CMYK modes? RGB seems to have more options but in CMYK i am able to mess with black...

Comment

Is this project going to press? If so you should work in cmyk.
                          WYSIWYG

Comment

I use RGB for everything, but I work on digital presses so I can get away with it. RGB tends to have the larger color gamut, so there is more room to play. But you can do this in CMYK too, just depends on the output.
                            ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

That's true. But if it's going to be offset and the color of the clothing is critical to match, I would work in cmyk from the start because the color gamut is so narrow.
                              WYSIWYG

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X