Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• The01printer
    Reply to Working on a logo for myself
    The01printer
    I'm not sure if it was your intention, but I can't decide if, He is looking up, or She is looking down. I am not even sure if I prefer one way or the other but leaning toward I like Him looking up! Maybe...
    Today, 02:35 AM
  • B
    Reply to how do i work this dang thing
    B
    Hi BillySmith, and welcome to the forum.

We get a whole lot of would-be spammers signing up, so the first few posts from all new forum member are approved by a moderator. So, if your first...
    Today, 02:33 AM
  • Begeebuz
    My Stonework company logo
    Begeebuz
    Finally joined after a long time of lurking. Rate my logo for my upcoming business, I feel its too cramped and Im not digging the logo but I want to hear from others Thanks

Today, 01:49 AM
  • BillySmith
    how do i work this dang thing
    BillySmith
    where do my posts go? is anyone reading this? gah. #N00B
    Today, 12:38 AM
  • molliwhopped
    Reply to Working on a logo for myself
    molliwhopped
    I like it! Ignore the typography? i think it fits well!
    Today, 12:05 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Graphic LCD monitor

Looked at some of viewsonics newer LCDs. Look good, but cant distinguish between graphic series and "multimedia" stuff. Any suggestions of what to look at? Would like 20-12 viewable. Any other companies?

apple
    www.standercreative.com

Comment

yeah, apples screens are redonkulous, if ur trying to save some money I would go with a samsung, but I think apples screens are the best, especially for color.
      Aspire to Inspire before you Expire

Comment

What about viewsonic monitors? I heard they were good. Does response time matter?

Comment

response time really only matters if you dealing with motion graphics.
          what you should be looking for (spec wise) if your just doing graphic design is good brightness, contrast ratio, viewable angle, optimum resolution, and dot pitch (i think thats what its called).

look at the apple HD displays for an example of good specs.
          www.standercreative.com

Comment

I use an LG monitor - 19" Flat Panel LCD - it's nice and crystal clear. However, I tend to design things for print too dark now. Because on my monitor they show up too bright and clear. When it's printed it's darker than expected. But that's something I'll get used to and adjust.
            Brent Simon is God | add me on myspace | Tutorials and stuff | download vector packs

aim - mylkhead

Comment

definitly DELL 2405FPW - great large monitor for a very good price.

Comment

for quite a bit of $$ you can get a monitor called Athens

J/K that company was a scam
                Last edited by Navian; 02-17-2006, 03:04 PM.
                pas·sion
                If there is no passion in your life, then have you already lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you, and you will find great things happen for you, to you, and because of you.
                -T. Alan Armstrong

Comment

Originally posted by Navian
                  for quite a bit of $$ you can get a monitor called Athens

J/K that company was a scam
                  was it really? cuz some of these screens/computers are freaking crazy. Although, i hate the site. it's impossible to read the text on it! so small and cluttered....
                  lurkin'

Comment

Originally posted by Epectasis
                    was it really? cuz some of these screens/computers are freaking crazy. Although, i hate the site. it's impossible to read the text on it! so small and cluttered....
                    Yeah the systems where supposed to be really top of the line. Well till a top computer magazine called them up on it and ordered one. When they recieved it, it didnt do anything, it didnt even work. The monitors where flaky.

You can build a model and make it look real, but not functional. Many believe they did this. If you type that: www.go-l.com or the go-l.com in google you will see a whole mess of crap about them.

All in short, they advertised a product that didnt live up to the expectations that they had specified, and the cost they had it, wow.

The screen that is 1 screen less, was $10k. The top desktop system was $5k.
                    pas·sion
                    If there is no passion in your life, then have you already lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you, and you will find great things happen for you, to you, and because of you.
                    -T. Alan Armstrong

Comment

Crazy, too bad they didn't pan out.
                      The last few weeks I've been researching more about LCDs. I didn't know there was so much to pay attention to. There is so much to learn!

Comment

for graphic design specially desktop publishing stay away from TN,PVA,S-PVA,MVA Panels. Mostly made by samsung & Au-optronics
                        Your choices are limited(S-IPS, AS-IPS,H-IPS) panels made by LG.Philips,Hitachi but they are almost 100% higher than PVA and MVA pannels as PVA,MVA are 100% higher than TN panels those you always see every where in big box stores.

So close to $1000 you can get decent NEC, Eizo, Lacei, Apple Cinema or view sonic VP series.
                        Go far latest IPS technology, highest resolution and digital inputs. EG. DVI-D,DVI,HDMI,HDCP

Hope this info is helpfull

Comment

Originally posted by sukkapatta

Hope this info is helpfull
                          I doubt it, somehow I don't think the original poster is even still around. Much happens in two years

Comment

and it seems lavaspit was banned.

But we do see a LCD question pop up every week - could be good information to keep around.
                            Some advice is profound, some is clever. The above post is a good example of both.
                            http://www.pedrospracticaljokes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sukkapatta
                              So close to $1000 you can get decent NEC, Eizo, Lacei, Apple Cinema or view sonic VP series.
                              Go far latest IPS technology, highest resolution and digital inputs. EG. DVI-D,DVI,HDMI,HDCP
                              I've done a lot of research on this for a client and, yes, if you have the bankroll Eizo is the Rolls Royce of screens. It surpasses Apple in terms of viewing range for example and it's ideal for soft proofing. It's the closest to a CRT screen. Lots of people go gaga over Apple, but their displays are more about fashion than performance in my opinion.
                              "I don't get much exercise.
                              Well... except for the occasional anxiety attack."

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X