Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to How to do this?
    PrintDriver
    I'd think you'd want to be careful that it doesn't look obviously fake, like the first photo.
    The second one is strangely shadowless and floaty.
    The third one is ok, the objects are actually...
    Today, 12:55 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Candy Shop Logo
    Buda
    It's a good start. I like the middle one how it has highlights in the text, but I think the drop shapes are way too big. Have you considered working with candy stripes?
    Today, 12:23 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to How to do this?
    Buda
    Yes.

There are many ways to skin a cat.

Personally, I would do this in Photoshop so that I had more control of the final colour. Photographing colours can result in differences...
    Today, 12:22 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Hello from Nordic
    Buda
    Hi Mikko and welcome to GDF.

We ask every new member to read the threads posted HERE, particularly this thread to get acquainted with how things work on GDF. They will explain how the...
    Today, 12:20 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Zazzle, CafePress, Etsy, OH MY!
    Buda
    I've never used Zazzle or CafePress, but I've bought a few things on Etsy.

If your CafePress store is doing well, why not sell your Zazzle items on CafePress and see how you go? It might...
    Today, 12:17 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pantone color calculator

Ok, here is the deal.

I have a logo that has been sent to me in illustrator. The creating designer defined a yellow color in the logo in CMYK breakdowns, I need to know the corresponding Pantone color for these breakdowns.

The company that owns the logo is very picky and, when printed, wants it to match their existing offset printed sample. (We are printing it offset by the way).

Is there a color calculator on the web that I can put in CMYK breakdown numbers and it will tell me the closest corresponding Pantone Spot color for it.

I have already eyeballed the printed sample and came up with what I believe is the correct Pantone for it, but apparently the powers that be at my day job do not trust me on this.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Thanks,
    Thomas Clemmons

if the company is really picky about the color, they likely have a graphic standards manual that specifies the specific pantone color that must be used.

When I worked at the print shop, we ALWAYS made the client spec the pantone colors, or else sign off on something saying that we were to take an educated guess and come as close as we could... it's just one of those 'CYA' situations... better safe than sorry, you know.
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

You're right and you would think that were the case here, but it seems that I work in an office that isn't exactly organized in any way about this sort of thing.

Bottom line on the graphics standard thing is that I am at the bottom of the food chain here. I work at a promotional products printing company, so the salesperson goes and gets the jobs, brings all the specs to me I then make it happen, give it to him he goes to the printer and then takes the finished product to the customer. It all has to go through the salesperson, even my requests for standards manuals and since the salespeople here only know how to sell and don't want to look like morons (in their minds) they won't ask for a damned standard manual. So, I am stuck.
      Thanks,
      Thomas Clemmons

Comment

send in the sample taht you want the yellow color to match to so the printer knows what it should look like.
        You can find out what pms color is close to it in ps, just open your document and cick on the color with the color sample tool, and it will give you the closest pms color, it may not look the same when printed but it will gove you the closest pms color theoretically.
        Best bet is to send the sample in to the printer, to get a match

Comment

You could also buy the Pantone books. I believe there's a solid to process version that will show you the build out from Pantone to CMYK so, in theory, you can do a reverse lookup....if that made any sense.
          Official lunchboxbrain blog

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
          Working...
          X