Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Reply to Retail vs Contract Pricing
    <b>
    Are you the designer, the printer, the merchant or all of them? A designer doesn't typically base fees on the number that will be printed. A printer, on the other hand, does do that. Even when a designer...
    Today, 10:23 PM
  • cdgc
    Retail vs Contract Pricing
    cdgc
    Looking for some input on this matter.

Many years ago we published a map for railroad enthusiasts that was 1/1 black and folded several times into 3.5" by 9". Nothing all that...
    Today, 09:28 PM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to Are you able to read the text?
    Kayekaye
    Better photo, but flip it so the eye travels left to right. Having on the left side it kind of stops the eye there.

Have you not learned about line lengths? This is about 88 characters long....
    Today, 09:14 PM
  • sketxz!
    Reply to BEST COMPUTER CONFIGURATION FOR GRAPHIC DESIGNERS?
    sketxz!
    So I got the new SSD and it's amazing. It fits in the palm of my hand but so much speed compared to my old one. Here's some graphs of before and after (keep in mind it was a buggy 5 year old drive):...
    Today, 08:43 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    <b>
    It's an interesting-looking graphic, but for the reasons already mentioned, it doesn't really meet the usual requirements of a logo. I'm not a big fan of Lobster either, but that's just me.
    Today, 08:37 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dieline templates

I am looking for a free dieline template of something similar to this...

or even this, and I can cut out my own window

Although the 'ultimate resource thread' has helped me tremendously in the past, I didn't find anything usefull in it this time. I also did an extensive search and came up blank. I also tried google, but I am having issues because I don't think I am using the proper terms. This is just for a school packaging project, so the less money I have to spend on it and still have it look good the better, because I have to create 3 super comps.

Thanks
    Last edited by smashmiester; 02-21-2006, 01:03 AM.

Oh heck, splurge...go out and buy a pack of cookies and take the packaging apart. I'll help you eat them.
    Viki Anderson Graphics & Design on Demand
    Through the Looking Glass

Comment

smash,

the easiest thing would be to buy some cookies, eat them, carefully take apart the packaging and lay it out flat. then simply scan it and trace it into your software program. minus the time for eating the cookies, id say it shouldnt take you longer than 30 minutes.

matthew~

Comment

lol...vikia beat me to it. what she said.

Comment

I looked at all 5 grocery stores in town and couldn't find anything similar. I checked every aisle too, not just the cookie one.

Does anyone have a fav site for stock templates?

Comment

Google "carton template" - there's a gaggle of 'em out there. Might not be exact but might get you close.

Comment

Trial and error. Make a cube, they're 6 sided, this will help you understand the 3-d nature of what you're making.

Then understand that what you want is an elongated "cube", but it has only 5 sides made up of 3 rectangles and 2 isosceles triangles.
              Here's my Quick thought: the fisrt one will be the easiest set up. But you have to redraw in Illy, or on paper, I didn't do the measurements, I eyeballed it. And I didn't include the "windows" because, well you can build a test one and choose how to do your own.

www.QuiteGraphic.com
              I'll double check your spelling if you'll double check mine. Two heads are better than one.

Comment

Here's a pretty nice resource to put on your shelf:
                http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/047...lance&n=283155
                Viki Anderson Graphics & Design on Demand
                Through the Looking Glass

Comment

i bought a bag of ghirardelli (sp?) chocolates at christmas-time to do this...basically the same type of bag and equally yummy!...lol...oh...if you drink coffee, starbucks packages theirs in a nice looking 'template' as well...hehe!
                  Monarchs Rule!

Comment

Originally posted by flutterby nut
                    i bought a bag of ghirardelli (sp?) chocolates at christmas-time to do this...basically the same type of bag and equally yummy!...lol...oh...if you drink coffee, starbucks packages theirs in a nice looking 'template' as well...hehe!

Haha no starbuks here in little ol' Sault Ste. Marie

And that book is a very good resource my teacher has a copy of it in our lab, unfortunately it is locked up for the holidays. And I wasn't planning on making a cookie packege when I left.

Ah ha, 'carton' so maybe that is the magic word.

Thanks all for the help, I am making progress.

Comment

dang!...you are deprived!...good luck and have fun...i quite enjoy pkg design projects...
                      Monarchs Rule!

Comment

Hi Pack, this thread is 5 years old. If you resurrect another thread to talk about this software, it will be considered spam and you will be banned from these forums.

I am closing this thread now.
                        It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                        Working...
                        X