• PrintDriver
    Reply to Online printing companies
    PrintDriver
    Zombie thread!
    Today, 10:06 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Fitting a shape inside another question
    PrintDriver
    Assuming you are talking about illustrator, if you "unchain" the constrain proportion icon located near the H and W input boxes in the Transform palette, and put in the Height and Width of the...
    Today, 10:05 PM
  • On3Fals3M0v3
    Fitting a shape inside another question
    On3Fals3M0v3
    If I have a square shape and a heart shape is there a quick way to fit the heart directly inside the square. I can't seem to get it to fit perfectly by scaling it. Even when I use the transform panel...
    Today, 09:06 PM
  • Keyare
    Reply to Extreme colour shift
    Keyare
    Yeah I still see cyan in the dot pattern even though there is NO cyan in the file. Friggin' color profiles.
    I'll try that step test thing.
    Today, 08:57 PM
  • Cosmo
    Reply to Online printing companies
    Cosmo
    I'm another happy 4over user. I won't use them for color critical stuff, but for brochures and flyers and things where all you need is "pleasing color", they do a good job. I have never reordered...
    Today, 08:52 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's my logo, get it to work!

After many stressful hours of trying to get through to customers, and realizing others here have the same problem, about vector and raster art needs I decided to create a blog outlining the basics of it all.

http://graphictablet.blogspot.com/

Feel free to let me know if things need to be added or clarified.

Thanks.
    Thanks,
    Thomas Clemmons

The profit police here at Logo-Mechanix beleieve you should leave well enough alone. LOL
    Your article defnitely explains it for me but god almighty you have to change that yellow color for the background it was killing me.
    How about a chain pickerel in your bath tub?

Comment

Yeah, that whole blog look is a work in progress. I have had that thing up for a few months now and have done nothing with it beyond just fiddling with it. Now that I have something up to read I gotta change it. sorry about the eyes.
      Thanks,
      Thomas Clemmons

Comment

well done...btw, you have 'offset' misspelled there above the vector example...sorry...
        Monarchs Rule!

Comment

Argggg....I fixed it. I swear I read that thing a hundred times and didn't catch that. Thanks.
          Thanks,
          Thomas Clemmons

Comment

oh...wanted to ask this...you intimated in your article the need for vector for offset, not so much for digital...but i'm thinking if i pull that first logo example off the web and ask you to print it digitally at that size, it's not going to look good either because of the difference in quality...300dpi vs 72dpi...this matters as well, yes?...just thoughts...
            Monarchs Rule!

Comment

True, I failed to think about the dpi issue when I was writing the blog. Yes, even if you are printing digitally, if the dpi is below 300 you will get degradation. Thanks for pointing that out. I may have to add that in there as a disclaimer of sorts and flag that topic for a later article as well.
              Thanks,
              Thomas Clemmons

Comment

lol...disclaimers!...can i have a refund of my purchase price then?...hehe
                Monarchs Rule!

Comment

Yeah, I want a refund on my logo...oh wait I made it I guess I will have to refund myself.

Comment

Ok, I addressed the dpi issue in the blog article. Let me know if I can add anything else to make it better.
                    Thanks,
                    Thomas Clemmons

Comment

300dpi - or greater!!!
                      If I'm using a raster logo to digitally print a building sign it better be at least 150dpi at FINAL SIZE.
                      Which means you take your 4" wide 300dpi raster letterhead logo and make it 1800dpi for a 4' sign - but make sure you do it when it's created because you can't interpolate 300 to 1800 in photoshop and expect it to print any cleaner.

We won't even discuss die-cut vinyl signage...

You need to rethink that whole digital print paragraph or remove it. Sorry. Logos should be vector no matter what format they are printed in.

Designers always forget the sign guys <whimper, sniff>
                      Last edited by PrintDriver; 02-22-2006, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Sorry PD.
                        I try not to forget the sign guys, if it makes you feel better.

Anyway - I have bookmarked your site and will probably make use of it within the week as I get bombarded with this nearly every day "just take it off my website."

Um, sure, honey, that will make your logo all of 1/4" tall, and still crappy quality. (bangs head)
                        it's deadline and I'm GROUCHY.

Comment

Hehe. I feel your pain, I feel your pain. That was one of the reasons I wrote it was so that anyone could point there customers to the blog and say, "This, THIS is why your logo won't work!" Glad it will be of some use.
                          Thanks,
                          Thomas Clemmons

Comment

Originally posted by greyghost
                            Sorry PD.
                            I try not to forget the sign guys, if it makes you feel better.

Anyway - I have bookmarked your site and will probably make use of it within the week as I get bombarded with this nearly every day "just take it off my website."

Um, sure, honey, that will make your logo all of 1/4" tall, and still crappy quality. (bangs head)
                            <<<<<Or you jus send it to, sorry I had to do that.

Comment

bleedin ell fire 1800 dpi
                              thats some work pd
                              When I awoke today, suddenly nothing happened
                              But in my dreams, I slew the dragon

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X