Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Cosmo
    Reply to business card design
    Cosmo
    I'll stand by what I said earlier - the QR code is too small. The orange trapping into the blue is going to cause problems. See in your image where it says "Sales Team" and it looks like it's...
    Today, 01:04 PM
  • garricks
    Reply to Business Card Critique
    garricks
    Coming from another point of view, why put such a tiny portfolio on a business card when you can put a URL to your online portfolio, which will much better represent you?
    Today, 12:57 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Business Logo Design
    KitchWitch
    Hi Jenniferzoe and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
    Today, 12:05 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Help with a graphic technique
    KitchWitch
    Hi Dan and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 12:00 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Comment on Editing of Posts
    KitchWitch
    It's been taken care of.
    Today, 12:00 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Shirt templates?

Does anyone know where I can get Illustrator templates for T-Shirt designing? Also, would I have to get them printed from the same place that I got the templates from?
    "Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
    -Steve Jobs

there everywhere, google it go to threadless, anywhere, take a photo of your draw your own

Comment

Ok. I've just never done t-shirt designing before. I wasn't sure if I had to use an actual template that would be sent to the printer. And if I draw my own template, does it have to be the exact same size in Illustrator as it's going to be on the actual t-shirt?
      -Steve Jobs

Comment

as long as it is porprtional, and the printers know how big or small you want ti to be on the shirt, I dont even use a template when doing tshirt design, just throw it on there at the end to show the client

Comment

I've used Threadless' template. Although the only templates they offer are for Photoshop and Flash (?). Nothing for Illy or Freehand.

http://www.***************/submit (check the left hand column)

Comment

Like Rockem said, you don't need a template for t-shirt designing. Really the thing that dictates how big a design will be printed on a shirt is the size boards that the printer has for their presses.

Typically if you stay around 7-8 inches wide you're good. And try not to go over about 10-11 inches tall as well.
            Thanks,
            Thomas Clemmons

Comment

Alright. Thanks for the help everyone.
              -Steve Jobs

Comment

threadless ones can be brought into illy

Comment

T-shirt Templates

You can also download t-shirt templates from Printfection.com

They have templates available for Photoshop and in generic JPG format. Since they are a print on demand company they use raster (instead of vector) artwork only.

http://www.printfection.com/help/product_templates.php

Comment

Of course they can be brought into Illy and Freehand, that's what I did for one of my projects, but I don't understand why don't they just offer them to begin with? I don't understand the use of putting it in as an .swf but not an .ai.

Comment

swf is for the people that show a flash file of different colors and what not, if you need in ai simple export. 95 percent of the time your not designing on the tshirt twemplate anyways just placing it in there for the final outcome

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcher
                        Does anyone know where I can get Illustrator templates for T-Shirt designing? Also, would I have to get them printed from the same place that I got the templates from?
                        I do a ton of T-shirt artwork. Check with your screenprinter as they may have standard screen sizes. I do all of my designs 12 x 12 because with a 12 x 14 they charge additional for the larger screens.

Obviously, you can make your design any size you want, but I've found 12 x 12 is most cost effective for my clients.
                        tmooregraphics
                        Horsepower For Your Business!
                        Follow me on Facebook and Twitter

Comment

most screen printers like my self use 11x17 which is standard. Also any art work would be greatly appreciated when turned in a pdf file.Make sure everything is good because they normally charge by the hour to fix things up.

Nothing is ever perfect and you wont get it on your first try. I am still learning everyday.

good luck....

Comment

Adobe.com/exchange, has a pretty descent vector shirt template. I currently have an apparel company that I am getting off the ground and use that template for just about everything. As far as sizing goes, just measure a shirt get dimensions, and work full scale. Not easy peazy, but some working around with layers pays off!
                            "The customer is not always right. He should be charged extra, for being a pain in the ass!"
                            -Any (sane) Designer

Comment

rsdnc, this thread is over 4 years old!
                              Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X