Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Font Converter

Hi everyone, I have a question for you.

I'm taking a Typography class this semester at school and there is a pretty hefty list of required fonts for the course. The teacher told us to go to the Mac lab at school and grab the fonts from there. The problem is that I do not have a Mac. When I, along with a little less than half of my class, tried to explain this to the teacher we basically got chastised for working on PCs. Now, I've heard of Mac to PC font converters and found a few freeware ones online, but none of them would convert the Mac font files I have on my PC now. I wasn't sure if there was maybe a converter I could buy that anyone might know of. Any help would be extrememly appreciated as an assignment that requires several of the fonts is due on Tuesday! Ahhh!

ps...the mac font files I have on my PC now are LWFNs and FFILs

I don't know about a convertor, but shame on that teacher for being so narrow minded.
    Ask her if apple as made a tabletpc for designers, with built in wacom pressure sensitivity, or if the majority of the population, which you will receive files from when you are a designer use macs.
    Grrrr. Fight back, it's her job to teach you how to deal with this kind of issue.
    Former GD. Current Photographer
    http://ascottmccauley.com/

Comment

Try TransType...works pretty well for me...but it's around $100. Have the teacher go halves with ya!
      People tell me "Have a Good One!' Hell, I already have a good one, I just need a BIGGER one! - George Carlin

Comment

Fontographer is another. But it's even more expensive.
        Check out FontLab.com to try the demo for TransType before you buy.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
        Working...
        X