Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PanToshi
    Comment on Custom social icons
    PanToshi
    The "backgrounds" are part of the logo.
    Today, 01:28 PM
  • Possumgal
    Reply to Zazzle, CafePress, Etsy, OH MY!
    Possumgal
    I don't know about CafePress, but I've had products on Zazzle for three or four years, and have sold one item. One. On their forum, one guy said that unless you have a separate website linked to the Zazzle...
    Today, 01:11 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Are you able to read the text?
    KitchWitch
    I agree with what's already been said. If you're going to use an image of someone getting a vaccination, the person giving it should be wearing gloves.
    Today, 01:07 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Custom social icons
    KitchWitch
    It doesn't matter if you're "being respectable" to their branding. It either falls within their branding guidelines or it doesn't. Yours doesn't.
    Today, 01:04 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    KitchWitch
    Hi Arielr190 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 01:02 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know how to make this type of graphic?

I just saw this on Photobucket one day...

I'm new to graphic designing(and the forum, not to mention). Sorry about that.

easy, i would create the line art in illustrator, drop in into photoshop and start playing around with the layer styles and opacities to get the rgith balance between your detail and background colours, use separate layers.......to get the line detail try using a rally fancy font like palace script and start cutting and cribbing the detail from there.....

welcome to GDF!!
    Me, drunk? i have only had tee martoonies!

Comment

Welcome,

That is not graphic design, its a few photoshop brushes, a splatter pattern and a grid. It is digital art, very average digital art at that. To produce this i would use a photoshop brush, to do all the layering, then play with blending modes and opacity. For the grid i would just import a grid from illustrator then make a mask, with some soft brushes, so you get that gradual fade.
      Good luck in your endevour to become a graphic designer. However, please realise there is a difference between graphic design and being handy with photoshop. Do not think that because you can, or want to produce things like this, that you are a graphic design because you are not. A graphic designer is itself an old term, the profession is generally called visual communicator, and thats right it is a professional activity. Visual communicators don't just make pretty things for themselves, thats what artists do. We design visual objects for a specific purpose and to communicate some sort of idea or meaning to an intended audience.
      If you are only here to learn how to make cool looking stuff, thats fine, but don't expect us to go out of our way to help you and don't call yourself a graphic designer. If you are serious about the profession of visual communication then the experience and wealth of knowledge on this forum will help you on your way. You can learn a great deal from this professional and friendly bunch of people. If you are purely looking to do digital art, then might i suggest http://deviantart.com which is a huge group of digital artists.

Sorry for the harsh introduction, its just that some people come here, ask for help and then wonder why no one helps them.

Good Luck, in whatever you do!
      I work while you are all asleep...

Comment

jinx twogun! except my post includes the compulsory introductory rant about upholding the graphic design profession.

Comment

was only trying to offer the simple newbie way to do things, wise words though!!
          Me, drunk? i have only had tee martoonies!

Comment

cjoe, not to disrespect you, but it could be helpful for a g.d. to get a bit of an education in fine art and art history. The piece does have artistic merit, and could be use in g.d. Sorry, but I was a fine artist first, and a g.d. to pay the bills.
            My Site

Comment

Originally posted by carter the artist
              cjoe, not to disrespect you, but it could be helpful for a g.d. to get a bit of an education in fine art and art history. The piece does have artistic merit, and could be use in g.d. Sorry, but I was a fine artist first, and a g.d. to pay the bills.
              I've a decent education in the history of fine arts etc. and i agree that it can be useful in design. But only if the artistic piece actually has a purpose or application in design. I've used plenty of historic art pieces in design.

and as for that ^ piece having artistic merit? Well thats your opinion.

Comment

i would do in ill
                i love work...
                ... i can sit and watch it all day

Comment

i would be ill
                  jk
                  Former GD. Current Photographer
                  http://ascottmccauley.com/

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                  Working...
                  X