This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Label Designing Software

Hello I am new here and currently seeking information regarding label designing. We are looking to design something along the lines of the picture we provided in this message. Will be printed on an inkjet printer. Can someone please let me know best software for achieving this thank you.
    Attached Files

Hi myriadbiotech and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read the threads posted HERE and HERE to get acquainted with how things work on GDF. They explain how the forum runs, the rules, frequently discussed topics and our inside jokes. Enjoy your stay!

I'm curious why everyone uses inkjet labels for liquids?

I currently have 3 different bottles of liquid medication all with inkjet labels. Guess what happened after one of the labels got wet? The name, instructions, etc all got washed off. Completely indecipherable. Luckily the other 2 bottles didn't get wet at the same time so I was able to figure out which one got wet and write in pencil on top of the clean label.

Sorry, this post wasn't very helpful to your question, but perhaps you could consider using waterproof ink on labels for liquids? Bottles of liquid will get wet from time to time. It's just a fact of life.
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Yes that is a good point we will consider that! Well we appreciate the welcome here and look forward to hearing from the community!

Comment

Personally, I would do it in Adobe Illustrator, but it could also be done in Adobe Indesign and handful of other vector-based layout software applications. There's a pattern of some sort on the Sciroxx label, that might be done in Illustrator, but might be better handled in Photoshop, then placed into Illustrator or InDesign.

I also share Buda's concerns about inkjet printing. I'm sure that you have your reasons, but it's not the best printing method for something like this. If it's on an office printer, it's likely cheapest, and perhaps that's what you're looking for at the moment because of low-volume needs, but really commercial offset or, even, flexo would produce a better label.

Comment

If you're going to inkjet just a protoype then thats fine, but for production of over 20-30, you will want to have them thermal printed at a sign shop, or if going to full on production, flexo-printed.

As for the deisgn, anything will work. The samples look like 95% text, so any program that has txt capability will work for that. If you have graphics to add, then Illustrator or Corel or Freehand even would be fine. I'd use InDesign as a last resort if possible.

Biggest thing is you need to mafe sure you follow the regulations reguarding consumer label design or the design will be denied by the FDA. www.registrarcorp.com/FDA-Labeling

Comment

I think you can do it in Photoshop, because I've done something similar and came out just fine. Not sure about the inkjet printer tho' and besides all the technical flaws when you touch an bottle with a paper label it feels "cheap".
            Anyways, if you use Photoshop be sure to check your file properties before and that will work out.

Comment

• kemingMatters
              kemingMatters commented
              Editing a comment
              You could do it in PhotoShop, but it's the wrong tool for the job.

• a_pancake
              a_pancake commented
              Editing a comment
              You could also do it in MS Paint.

Illustrator

Comment

Illustrator

Not Photoshop
              http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

Adobe Illustrator would be the best pick

Comment

Illustrator is what I use for label design. As for the inkjet issue. If you are using waterproof/weatherproof labels (for inkjet) they will be just fine.
                  “Smart people don’t learn… because they have too much invested in proving what they know and avoiding being seen as not knowing.” - Chris Agyris

Comment

For offline design:
                    • Adobe photoshop
                    • illustrator
                    • coreldraw

For online design and print order:
                    • Vistaprint
                    • CafePress
                    • Print Venue

Comment

Hi Aldorabancroft and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
                      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Adobe Illustrator is the best tool for your requirement

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• nomorext
                          Hi there, pixels!
                          nomorext
                          Just saying hi from North Carolina, USA. Moving shortly to Leicestershire UK. Anyone local for tips about finding a job in our field over there?
                          Today, 12:54 PM
                        • Glitchin
                          Reply to 3D view of a logo
                          Glitchin
                          Google: free logo mockup psd and you will find what you're looking for. If you look around that exact mock up is available for free. I have it myself but I can't think where I got it....
                          Today, 12:45 PM
                        • B
                          Reply to 3D view of a logo
                          B
                          You could use most any 3D application, but something like this would be easy enough to do in Photoshop.
                          Today, 12:39 PM
                        • Closer
                          3D view of a logo
                          Closer
                          Hey Guys!

I am looking for the software, to make these awesome presentations of
                          logo - designs:

Thanks in advance!
                          ~Closer...
                          Today, 12:30 PM
                        • designzombie
                          Reply to How do we interact with Graphic Design communications on an everyday basis?
                          designzombie
                          Hint: we interact with graphic communications far more often than we interact with graphic design communications.
                          Today, 12:23 PM
                        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                        Working...
                        X