Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• kemingMatters
    Reply to Adobe Illustrator... Object won't select!
    kemingMatters
    Drop shadow is a raster effect, you'll have to look in the appearance palette to remove the effect
    Today, 11:02 PM
  • Pavlo
    Reply to My logo attempt (be brutally honest)
    Pavlo
    I really like the latest version and the concept of the e's facing / speaking with each other. The look and feel is vastly improved and I get an immediate sense of what you are trying to say about the...
    Today, 10:44 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Deaf graphic designers
    KitchWitch
    Hi Signing Toys and welcome to GDF.

If you are looking to hire a deaf graphic designer, please post in the classified section and be sure to include an email address so people can contact...
    Today, 10:26 PM
  • Signing Toys
    Reply to Deaf graphic designers
    Signing Toys
    Starting a business and am in need of a Deaf graphic Artist fluent in ASL and Deaf community. Please contact me.
    Today, 10:18 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Adobe Illustrator... Object won't select!
    KitchWitch
    Hi Mr.Mag00 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 08:27 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colour combinations

Does anyone know of similar sites to http://www.colourlovers.com/ ? The website is down for the next few weeks due to site upgrades.

This site was awesome! It provdied colour palets varying anywhere from 3-7+ colours in each.

I am stuck for some new palets and ideas. I did find some cool resources on the Pantone website.... Pantone Fall 2006 Colours

Does anyone have a secret stash that they are willing to share?

http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html

if you want a good book, i highly suggest "Color Index" by Krausse, it will save lives, and eyes
    ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by D-Frag
      if you want a good book, i highly suggest "Color Index" by Krausse, it will save lives, and eyes
      I second this! It's a great resource.

Also, here's a simple technique I use in Photoshop that works well for me when considering color palettes.

Open an image that you feel has some pretty nice colors going on, and choose FILTER - 'Pixelate' - 'Crystalize'. Then choose a cell size... the smaller you go, generally, the more colors you'll have to choose from. Typically, somewhere in the middle is good.

Hope it helps!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Cathy; 04-04-2006, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Cathy
        : Thats a very intersting technique. It shall come in handy.

I liked the two cats hugging in the before picture . tehe.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
        Working...
        X