Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Shirt Business Questions

two questions:

1. does anyone have any ideas on proportioning of sizes of T-Shirt stock to buy? (in other words, the ratio of Larges to XLs to Smalls, etc.)

2. we have to buy a laptop for the business we are starting. I have been told by some that an Apple MacBook Pro is the best for graphic design, but I have been told by others that the Apple laptops are not really any better than the PC laptops anymore. any thoughts?

Oh man.. this is going to get ugly quick..

1) Depends on your demographic. If Your shirts are designed for ladies size 12-16 - it's a foregone conclusion.

2) Buy any computer on the market, just buy something your comfortable with using for a day at a time. Any consumer computer will run adobe products and then focus on upgrading the RAM and Hard disks (1 system - 1 scratch) in quick succession and get them on different controller cards if you can. I would advise against a laptop as your main work machine. They have bad displays for graphic design, working on them for hours is tiring, they cost a lot more, you can't upgrade them easily and they're terrible for doing double monitor stuff. A laptop is good for trotting around your work to clients and working on proposals on the go.

-Jon

Comment

well...

here's what our business will be:

we are buying a Fast T-Jet2 printer, and a laptop. we have a professional-quality camera. we are going to take the printer and the laptop to county fairs and such, and put photos on shirts "while you wait."

at the same time, my fiance (jason) will be working on a whole bunch of different shirt designs that we can print when we're not busy with the other part, and sell at a booth at a fair, in the local grocery store, online, etc.

we absolutely have to have a laptop because our business has to be portable. we will also have a desktop, but the laptop is the important part.

as far as the demographic, the shirts should sell to all sizes and shapes. i was just hoping for some kind of facts or figures on what size is most likely to sell. i figure Large is the most popular size, then XL, then probably kids' large. after that, i don't know.

thanks for the help i've gotten so far!

Comment

Just remember Child size XL and Adult size S are the same.

size chart

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
        Working...
        X