No announcement yet.

Illustration Friday

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illustration Friday

I recently came across this site, and I think it's a fun way to stretch your creativity. Each week a new topic is posted, and everyone has the opportunity to post their interpretation to share with others.

I've seen entries from kindegarten aged kids right on up through professional artists and at all levels in between.

The illustrations themselves can be done in pretty much any medium you choose... pencisl, pen and ink, watercolor, collage, photo, digital media.

If you get a chance, check it out!
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Great. I think I'm going to enter some work from my illustrating days here.
    Purity and simplicity... and ubuntu.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.
    - Bishop Desmond Tutu

it's fun
      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

That is kind of cool, my favorite thing to do in order to keep the creativity flowing is to sketch and draw. Usually the old fashioned way (pens, pencils and inks).
        How about a chain pickerel in your bath tub?

cool thanks Morea i'm going to send that to a few other people as well.
          the best designs happen when you don't even realize they are there.

Latest Topics

• graffiks
            Reply to Redesign of our company's logo
            I kind of prefer the lettering in line 2. However, I would call the image a smiley. It looks more like a frown with the mouth line being curved downward.
            Today, 10:05 AM
          • BlueCrab
            Reply to Looking for mentor
            I agree with both of you for the most part and I appreciate the responses. I think the issue that many are facing is that they didn't understand at 18-20 years old how important it is to find the right...
            Today, 09:16 AM
          • PrintDriver
            Graphic Design in the 2010s...
            This is mostly a question for some of the students out there. Oldsters welcome to chime in.

What do you see as the direction of Graphic Design these days as pertains to the following:...
            Today, 08:58 AM
          • KitchWitch
            Reply to Redesign of our company's logo
            Hi Watado and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
            Today, 08:01 AM
          • watado
            Redesign of our company's logo
            I redesigned the logo of my company to make it a little bit more moderne and that the lettering looks better besides the smiley.

So, please vote if Line 1 OR Line 2 looks better...
            Today, 07:51 AM

Incredible Stock
          GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings