No announcement yet.

How do you collect design inspiration?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're a web designer (not an artist or something like that), the best way for you will be to look through design tendencies of the year. And if you make a custom project, ask your client to show you what he\she likes

Comment

Originally posted by beardsworthy View Post
      Places like Google Drive, Pinterest and your desktop are great for collecting inspirational materials for design but how do you collect stuff in the "real" world?

I need to purge some stuff but also want to keep some... anyone here use binders or something to collect and categorize inspirational print work?
      Hi Beardsworthy,

These days, I try to keep inspirations I collect digitally, because eventually you run the risk of clutter. As someone who is always inspired by someone else art, even when you "purge" as you say, it's still usually more than I need to keep. Sometimes even digitally it's too much, unless of course you've started of early with some kind of organization; such as a dedicated drive just for RAW photos, and LightRoom, or even Bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by WebStudent View Post
        I try to keep inspirations I collect digitally, because eventually you run the risk of clutter.
        Ah, and before long you will have dozens of what-the-heck-is-in-here-I-don't-remember-and-I-can't-find-a-SCSI-cable external drives strewn everywhere...
        Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Originally posted by PanToshi View Post

Ah, and before long you will have dozens of what-the-heck-is-in-here-I-don't-remember-and-I-can't-find-a-SCSI-cable external drives strewn everywhere...
          Soo true.... LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

Comment

I like to keep the designs I like may it be a hard copy or soft copy. I save the random files I like to my computer and simply look back into my collection when I need to.

Comment

I keep a folder on my hard drive of inspiring color schemes and photos when I come across them browsing the Internet. I also have a big box of stickers and magazines as well as other print materials that I keep in my home office. It has been growing over the years and I don't think I will ever get rid of. I am too attached to good print design!

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X