Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silhouette of an actor from history channel infringement?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silhouette of an actor from history channel infringement?

Say it’s an actor that play George Washington. So the hair and the clothes look right. And I’m taking certain poses. But I mean I can argue that’s me in a cosplay. I dunno. Comments?

I took some screenshots from video with screenshot capture app, would it be safe to use the cut out silhouette?

Yep, problematic on multiple levels. Hint: if you feel you have to lie, the answer is probably no.
    Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

I dunno Pan... using references such as clothing, poses and even hairstyle are stock and trade of an Illustrator's knowledge base.
      It all depends on the use of the actor's face and the intent of the use. George Washington in advertising tends to look like the George on a $1 bill. A silhouette of a man in a rolled-powdered wig and colonial frock coat could be pretty ambiguous unless the actor's identity is somehow conveyed in the silhouette. A direct trace of a video capture, probably not a good idea, but as a reference? Pretty gray.

Comment

Originally posted by alansmms View Post
        I took some screenshots from video with screenshot capture app, would it be safe to use the cut out silhouette?
        Sounds like a direct trace of a screen cap to me.
        Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

nevermind, it's better i ask at a free legal advice site instead....

Comment

Hi Alansmms,
            If you really want to use those screenshots then it is better to make a bit changing in them.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X