Types of Portfolios

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Types of Portfolios

So I need to do it - the dreaded portfolio. I haven't updated mine in a very long time and I think a new job needs to happen ... very soon. Ironically, we just hired a new production artist to our team so I had the privilege of seeing a variety of portfolios from the candidates who came to interview. I feel I definitely need a printed and bound portfolio. What have you all seen that has impressed you?

Two of our candidates had a thick hard cover bound (like a thick plastic) - it appeared to be tabloid sized book-like portfolio. One of them had their name engraved in the front. Then the inside was all laid out and printed, organized into sections. I really liked this because it was very chic, modern looking and seemed very easy to add and remove pieces as you wish. But anyone know what I'm talking about or where to get one of these? I've been out of school so long that I have no idea. We always used ITOYA type folders, but this was much different than that. What other kids of printed portfolios have you seen that you liked? Or do you prefer to see professionally printed, finished pieces? I'm thinking I'll have to go for a combo, as not all of my work is in print.

Online - do you think this is a must? I feel like this end of it is really going to hold me up as I don't have a ton of web design and my perfectionism is going to be a problem if I try to take that on - especially when we are talking about for a portfolio. Would an interactive PDF be an ok substitution? I was thinking this would be easy to email or bring along and leave on a thumb drive with the interviewer. OR - do you think in this day one MUST have online presence?

But again - if anyone knows the white binder I am speaking of above please let me know! Or where to get them?

Is is something like this?

http://www.portfolios-and-art-cases....istaa4lss.html

Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Yes - that's it - thank you!

Comment

thank you!!!!

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• B
          Reply to Poster for a school project
          B
          A beach party poster really ought to show a beach. Also, there's insufficient contrast between the text and the background. The darkness of the photo makes it look a bit gloomy.
          Today, 04:04 PM
        • PrintDriver
          Reply to Best Computer
          PrintDriver
          Yah, Adobe programs try to leverage the graphics card, but the attempt is often problematic. I have GPU enhance shut off on all my Adobe programs.
          Any new computer will run Creative Cloud. If it's...
          Today, 03:26 PM
        • PrintDriver
          PrintDriver
          You need to fix the border so that the corners are the same. There should be a button to click for that in Illustrator. In Indesign it is automatic.

If you were trying for an optical illusion...
          Today, 03:21 PM
        • Troep
          Troep
          got some problems with saving the file...
          Today, 02:40 PM
        • Troep
          Poster for a school project
          Troep
          What do you think about my poster that i have made for a school project

Today, 02:36 PM
        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X