Need Help to insert a transparent logo to an image

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help to insert a transparent logo to an image

Hello all, I made my logo with a background transparent as gif file, but when i try to insert it ( paste it to an image) using paint program, the logo background become all black.

is there anybody who can help me out please and let me know why my logo loose his transparency when i try to paste it or insert it. Thank you

Hi Alex and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Did you only make your logo as a gif?
      If you made a logo in a proper vector program it should import into Paint without a background.
      But I have to admit I have not used (Microsoft?) Paint since the mid 80s. As in 1980s...

Comment

You could try exporting/save as your logo as a PNG then insert.

Comment

yes i only saved it as gif, so i used pint to save it as jpg and the background appeared black and was saved in black, if i try to use, it stay black.

Comment

Originally posted by MareC View Post
            You could try exporting/save as your logo as a PNG then insert.
            it was saved as gif only, i tried to save it as jpg using paint and BG was black, saved in black, if i try to insert it it stay in black.

Comment

What you are trying to do is not the right way to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex31 View Post
                ...and let me know why my logo loose his transparency when i try to paste it or insert it. Thank you
                The logo isn't losing transparency because it never had any. Neither the .gif format nor MS paint support actual transparency. The only advice you could possibly get from graphics professionals is to start over using proper tools and methods, but it appears you may not be equipped to do so.
                I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

• designzombie
                  designzombie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Correction, GIFs supports one level of transparency, but only one, unlike PNG which supports 256 levels of transparency. This means no translucency with GIFs, but yes with PNG.

But yes, it depends on the program whether or not it can read the transparency formatting in the file.

• Alex31
                  Alex31 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  did you did it for me last year?

Originally posted by HotButton View Post

The logo isn't losing transparency because it never had any. Neither the .gif format nor MS paint support actual transparency. The only advice you could possibly get from graphics professionals is to start over using proper tools and methods, but it appears you may not be equipped to do so.

thank you, yes it must be true, but maybe i can use it, once its done correctly, do you know someone who can help for cheap? I have the logo without transparent background ready.

Comment

Originally posted by HotButton View Post

nobody to help in this forum then?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex31 View Post
                    do you know someone who can help for cheap? I have the logo without transparent background ready.
                    Hi Alex,
                    If you are looking to hire someone, you could place an ad in the classified section. Make sure to include an email address where potential candidates can contact you to discuss project specifics and payment.

http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...um/classifieds

http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...he-classifieds

Thanks,
                    Pan
                    Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Open the picture with Photoshop or any Adobe photo editing tools or online photo editing tools instead and save the picture to .png to preserver the transparent background.

Comment

Save the image as png file to maintain the quality of the photo.

Comment

Hi, here are the easy steps to insert a transparent logo.

1) Hide the background layer
                          2) Go to file > Save for web option(Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S(windows shortcut))
                          3) Choose PNG option and click on save
                          4) Now you can insert your transparent logo to an image

Comment

i think you should make color selection and copy to a new (transparent) layer.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                            Working...
                            X