Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• jr72023
    Reply to My logo attempt (be brutally honest)
    jr72023
    It really looks good. As noted, I am not an artist. The rest of the posters are the pros.

Just curious if a ? in the lower bubble "clue" might not be a little more poignant? Even...
    Today, 01:39 AM
  • Derailed
    Reply to I am SO confused about vehicle wrap design?
    Derailed
    I work for a wrap company. We do almost everything in Illustrator. They send me the templates of the vehicles, although sometimes I don't have to match everything up exactly. Would you be designing...
    Today, 12:16 AM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Adobe Illustrator... Object won't select!
    kemingMatters
    Drop shadow is a raster effect, you'll have to look in the appearance palette to remove the effect
    Yesterday, 11:02 PM
  • Pavlo
    Reply to My logo attempt (be brutally honest)
    Pavlo
    I really like the latest version and the concept of the e's facing / speaking with each other. The look and feel is vastly improved and I get an immediate sense of what you are trying to say about the...
    Yesterday, 10:44 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Deaf graphic designers
    KitchWitch
    Hi Signing Toys and welcome to GDF.

If you are looking to hire a deaf graphic designer, please post in the classified section and be sure to include an email address so people can contact...
    Yesterday, 10:26 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone name this font?

I have a client that loves the font that Callaway Golf uses as seen here. He's real particular of matching this font. I went to www.whatthefont.com and www.identifont.com and a variety of other websites but was unsuccessful.

Can anyone help?
    Attached Files

i'll chek the library in the am

Comment

what the font?

this site helped me out loads, the forum is good as well!
      Dont stand with your back to the view
      portfolio
      blog

Comment

cant be sure but i seem to remember someone asking me the same question months back only to find that it is actually custom typography!!!
        Me, drunk? i have only had tee martoonies!

Comment

Looks a lot like Old English text or plain
          “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

You see the little (R) thing - that usually tells me it's not going to be easy to copy elements of their brand and legally trademark it - especially if your client is in the golf industry. I'd have the client pick another font and not try to match it as precisely as possible. It's very likely a custom calligraphy anyway. Their mark is pretty much just relying on the typography save for the little geometric golf tee artwork below it.

-Jon

Comment

If it's the feel of the font that your client likes (or can be persuaded that that's what he likes ), you can search on myfonts.com for Blackletter fonts, which is the basic style being used here.

However, yes, you do need to be careful about trademark infringement issues.
              "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Yeah, I keep giving him "blackletter" and "old english" fonts, but you know clients. When they get their mind stuck on something . . .

Well thank you everyone . . . I think I'll just tell them that I had it sent to a professional typographer and they found out that it was custom created for that logo and there is no such font

Thanks again!

Comment

Remember that some old companies like that, are probably using a custom font. Many years ago, their designer created their logo, and possibly created the type style from scratch. There might not be an exact match anywhere.

Tell the client that it is a trademarked, propriatary font, and that you don't intend to violate the copyright laws.
                  Last edited by Gromit801; 04-27-2006, 06:15 AM.
                  "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
                  LinkedIn

Comment

>>Can anyone name this font?<<

Wow! My chance for immortality. [ahem] I dub thee, 'Carl'.

(Do you have any harder questions?)

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                    Working...
                    X