Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Reply to How to choose a scanner?
    <b>
    I agree, the Canoscan is a good scanner -- especially for the price. I've bought a couple of Epson Perfection V700 Photo Scanners for work, and would do so again if they're still made. They've been very...
    Today, 03:54 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to [ Logo Critique ] Period or not at the end of the tagline?
    PanToshi
    Adding my vote for keeping it.
    Today, 03:31 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Glad to Be Here Now!
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF Tess

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 02:44 AM
  • PanToshi
    Comment on Where do you find talent?
    PanToshi
    Yep, like I said, freelancers who are hoping to work full-time for the company for which they are occasionally freelancing are unemployed designers who are freelancing until they find full-time work.
    Today, 02:40 AM
  • MichaelWied
    Comment on Where do you find talent?
    MichaelWied
    The "freelancers" are basically there to be called in if a big project comes up and they need the extra hand, and these are designers hoping to get a full time spot at the company.
    Today, 01:51 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMYK to NCS

Hi ppl,

I am doing an interior work for a particular brand and I need o come oup with a paint colour for the walls. I have the brand colour but only in CMYK.

The paint company told me to provide the colour in N.C.S, or R.A.L. B.S., Mansel shades etc.

Can anyone tell me how I could translate these colours?

Thanks

Hi Andrew.

This is WAY outside of my area of expertise -- but couldn't you just bring in a pantone swatch and have them color match it?

Or, alternatively, can you get swatches from them that you can match to your stuff?
    You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on. --GWB

Comment

There's a website that'll do it for you. Give me a few minutes to find it...

Comment

http://www.easyrgb.com/matching.php
        You'll have to convert CMYK to RGB first...
        Or:
        http://tx4.us/moacolor.htm
        Wade thru this one. There was a good one in here somewhere that isn't in English that was better than my first link...

Comment

I thougt painters have scanners now that can scan a printed patch. Looks like a densitometer.
          WYSIWYG

Comment

Depends on the 'painter'.

R.A.L. is powder coating. Limited palette.

I'm not sure what the original poster is trying to do other than attempt to match CMYK values to a chip color. Not usually successful. Easier if they contact the brand owner and ask for a PMS color (a simple phone call may do the trick). Most paint systems can come close to PMS. If you want exact, you have to find someone who does custom mixing and knows how to do it without depending on the shot machine.

ps - that's Munsell btw.
            Last edited by PrintDriver; 04-26-2006, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
            Working...
            X