Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to borrow free articles and content for portfolio?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to borrow free articles and content for portfolio?

Hello,

I'm learning photoshop and illustrator, and I thought it'd be motivating to start building a portfolio along the way.

I wanted to make illustrations for articles, or make fake ads.. fake menus, etc.

I tried to find copyright free articles and photos but it's hard to come across quality content..

Also, do you have to purchase professional photos to use or put into your projects?

And if you guys could help me with project ideas, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Sharon

As well as the commercial stock image sites, there are free stock image websites out there that you can use, or you could create your own illustrations and shoot your own photography. Here's an old thread on paid and free stock photo sites, though it's quite an old thread so some links might not exist anymore.

I would create my own text for practice pieces. You only really need to design the headings, the body can be Lorem Ipsum.

By the way, I wouldn't use Photoshop or Illustrator for multipage articles such as flyers or magazine layouts. Indesign would be a better choice. Particularly for text heavy pieces. If you do start learning Indesign, make sure you learn how to use Paragraph and Character styles.
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Commercial Stock images can be subjected to copyright issue. You need to be careful for using these kind of images.

Comment

If someone showed me multipage articles and told me they were designed in illustrator, I wouldn't hire them.
        If someone showed me multipage articles and told me they were designed in Photoshop, the resume would be binned immediately.

Comment

Thank you all for the information! I am using InDesign too, forgot to mention : )

I found some good photos from pixabay.com, a lot are with no attribution needed.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X