Surface Book

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surface Book

Hello everyone. I'm curious if anyone has used the Microsoft surface book. From what I've read it seems it could be used in place of a MacBook pro, ipad pro, and cintiq which is very intriguing. Opinions?

Hi Brndn and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Maybe the Pro version. If you max the storage and the ram.
      By the time you get 16gigs of ram and at least a 512gig ssd, you are at $2700. That's more than a mac.
      http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsof...?skuId=4531401

Comment

I don't have the Surface Book, but I do have the Surface Pro 4 (6th Gen Intel Core i5, 256GB SSD, 16GB RAM). So far I am not having any issues with Adobe Products, though to be fair, I am still learning how to use the tools. And I love my Surface.

Comment

My son recently acquired a Surface Book, and it's quite nice. I'm not in a position to recommend for or against it with respect to using it for graphic design, however. That's not what he does, and I personally wouldn't use any display that small in my own work.

Originally posted by brndn View Post
          ...it seems it could be used in place of a MacBook pro, ipad pro, and cintiq...
          In terms of empirical, spec-context capabilities, yes, it could replace that rig and perhaps go further still. But again, my bias against everything Apple could be coloring my assertions to some extent.
          I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

The display is small but powerful. I already use a laptop that I connect to a large monitor. Being able to use the screen like a cintiq is a huge draw.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Breanne.C
              Helloooooo!
              Breanne.C
              Hey everyone! My name is Breanne. I didn't realize there was an introduction spot until after I tried making my first post to identify a font. Ooopsie!

I'm from the Seattle area, a freelance...
              Today, 05:31 PM
            • Breanne.C
              Font ID Please
              Breanne.C
              Hey folks! I need help identifying the font in this logo, just the text "Fire Medic." Can anyone help ID it?

Today, 03:56 PM
            • chikisg84
              Comment on Need feedback on best way to start redesigning my portfiolio website
              chikisg84
              Thank you so much for your input. What you said about Joomla templates basically dictating the look and feel of the site is basically the reason I've held so long to my current site. I have not found...
              Today, 03:32 PM
            • Biggs097
              Reply to Price of Foil vs. Varnish for business cards?
              Biggs097
              Keep in mind the cost of the tooling the dye is a one time cost. The next lot of cards wont include the tooling cost.
              StudioMonkey is also correct of the cost vs. your volume. 100 cards may run...
              Today, 02:42 PM
            • B
              Reply to Need feedback on best way to start redesigning my portfiolio website
              B
              Joomla is my CMS of choice. For that matter, I'm working on some template modifications for a Joomla site this morning.

For a small personal site, Joomla might be overkill. It's certainly...
              Today, 02:11 PM
            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X