Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MacBook templates for skin production. Looking for .ai or .pdf

Hello, guys!
    I've been looking through the internet and here on forums, but couldn't really find (maybe i'm just using wrong keywords for the search).
    Basically I'm planning designing MacBook skins/decals/stickers to cover the whole top, bottom and keyboard surface. There are many designers out there on etsy who're selling these decals, but finding these template files are not easy. I'm wondering if anybody has any idea where do I find them? Because drawing them manually for all the sizes of MacBook would take quite long since I don't have all the makes
    Is there any source where I could get or buy them in .ai or .pdf formats (preferably)? I've tried some sources where I can download them for free, but ofcourse the sizes are not accurate. I really hope you can give me some good advice in this))

Wish you a great day,
    cs

How are you producing the skins? Are you doing the printing/laminating yourself or are you going to need a vendor?
    There are a lot of P.O.D. places online that have the templates. I'm willing to bet a lot of the folks on Etsy are just brokering the stuff out to P.O.D. vendors.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
      How are you producing the skins? Are you doing the printing/laminating yourself or are you going to need a vendor?
      There are a lot of P.O.D. places online that have the templates. I'm willing to bet a lot of the folks on Etsy are just brokering the stuff out to P.O.D. vendors.
      I'm producing skins using Adobe Illustrator. I'm looking for vector in the best case scenario, otherwise It's enough to have actual size picture and I can draw paths myself. I have local printing company who does the laser cutout for stickers, I don't have printers, if that's what you want to know

Comment

Hi Chronicalsnow and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I was asking how you are printing the ''stickers.'' Because, I suspect that the people you admire on Etsy are using POD people that already have templates to print their ''stickers''. As in, they are taking orders from customers, sending the orders in to the print on demand people who already have the templates, getting the ''stickers'' back, and shipping to their clients. That's what brokers do. A lot of people don't even realize they could go directly to the POD people themselves.

As for the templates themselves, the only source I've ever been able to find is a Chinese company called Daqin.
          You are looking at a few thousand dollars and I'm not sure how legit any ali-babba source might be.
          Wasn't interested enough to pursue it. Not a market for me.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
            I was asking how you are printing the ''stickers.'' Because, I suspect that the people you admire on Etsy are using POD people that already have templates to print their ''stickers''. As in, they are taking orders from customers, sending the orders in to the print on demand people who already have the templates, getting the ''stickers'' back, and shipping to their clients. That's what brokers do. A lot of people don't even realize they could go directly to the POD people themselves.

As for the templates themselves, the only source I've ever been able to find is a Chinese company called Daqin.
            You are looking at a few thousand dollars and I'm not sure how legit any ali-babba source might be.
            Wasn't interested enough to pursue it. Not a market for me.
            Hehe, right)). But i preffer doing everything myself since that might give more profit, but a bit more struggle. So far I managed to get all the sizes manually for all macbook top covers (bottom and keyboard parts left ).
            That would be cheaper buying stickers for all macbook sizes at etsy and make templates myself instead of investing thousand dollars for "ali aba" haha. Anyways may you suggest any POD? (never used this termin before).
            Thank you for your help anyways.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PanToshi
              Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
              PanToshi
              Hi Thumper and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
              Today, 03:46 PM
            • PanToshi
              Reply to Looking for comments
              PanToshi
              Hi designers kent and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
              Today, 03:46 PM
            • PanToshi
              Reply to Flyer Crtitique
              PanToshi
              Hi Pobrien and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
              Today, 03:40 PM
            • HotButton
              Reply to Flyer Crtitique
              HotButton
              There are a lot of opportunities for refinement there, so it's best to start with a general corrective statement: Everything is too large. More specifically, there is no focal point; no hierarchy; no...
              Today, 03:36 PM
            • pobrien
              Flyer Crtitique
              pobrien
              Hi,

I would greatly appreciate feedback on a flyer design for a promotional contest. I am transitioning from a 3D artist to more design work, so I know I have made some mistakes in spacing,...
              Today, 01:12 PM
            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X