Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time allocation & Pricing

Hi

Am in UK, but my question isn't Continent related. So hope I may get some useful feedback.
    Am a Pre-Press Op about to go Self employed artworking. Now, seeing as I don't have a portfolio or database of work, I can't check back to get any answers for this: (except to say all those without a knowledge of back end don't spend nearly enough time on finished artwork!)

How much time allocation would you put to Print design/artworking jobs (more from scratch). I've done some RnD stuff in past for Corp ID & drum about 6-8hrs if I'm Finicky. But for other run of mill, Stationery, Brochures etc how do you allocate a timescale which would be indicative to your quoted price?

Also, how would people approach the issue of pricing. Fixed Hourly rate, no matter the client or by budget? Should I ask to work within the budget knowing full well I'll probably get Screwed on price...

Hope for any useful info as I realise this is a 'how long is a length of string' request...
    Thanks
    Andy

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to Does anyone design T-Shirts and have their E-Store?
    PrintDriver
    Who is making the real money on those sites?
    Hint: Not You.
    Today, 09:29 AM
  • IgorRus
    Reply to Site Builder vs. Build it yourself
    IgorRus
    You can use website builders for your business. You will have total control over the design of your website as you get to choose from over a hundred different templates. If none of these satisfy you,...
    Today, 09:00 AM
  • bigdata
    Reply to What was your path to the world of design?
    bigdata
    B

It seems that I've been designing since ever. One way or another. Even as a child I drew designs all over my bedroom walls. I have absolutely no idea why or how for that matter, just natural...
    Today, 04:42 AM
  • B
    Reply to Help with the lost website!
    B
    FTP is short for File Transfer Protocol, which is just an Internet protocol used to transfer files to and from FTP-enabled servers. An FTP client would typically be used to retrieve the actual WordPress...
    Yesterday, 10:25 PM
  • pilotguy251
    Reply to Tips on a redesign of my logo/watermark?
    pilotguy251
    I apologize and thanks for your response. Took a look at the Forum Rules, FAQ's and Guidelines as I like to post in the most respectful way possible when joining a new forum. Here it is in full size...
    Yesterday, 10:20 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
Working...
X