Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Cosmo
    Reply to Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    Cosmo
    You can get a 21" iMac for $1099 with 8gb of memory (which is plenty). I would do that and then if you feel like you need more memory down the road, upgrade it. You can get 8gb of memory for under...
    Today, 05:50 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Zoo Business Card Critique Wanted
    <b>
    I like the look, but that isn't the same as saying it's right for the job.

If the card were actually for the Bronx Zoo, you'd need to consider the current branding of the zoo, then make your...
    Today, 05:25 PM
  • Yehoshua
    Personal Logo Suggestions
    Yehoshua
    Developed a personal logo. Suggestions or comments? Thanks!

JK for my initials....
    Today, 05:16 PM
  • Yehoshua
    Reply to Cover Layout Feedback
    Yehoshua
    That's what I was looking for, thanks man. Do you have any tutorials or guides you could show me that could help me better understand typography and layout? That's probably been my biggest struggle thus...
    Today, 05:13 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Happy Halloween!!!!
    kemingMatters
    That reminds me of a Newfy joke lol
    Today, 04:42 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggested Reading?

Books! Those paper things that were around before the Google mindset ruined a generation of designers.

I'm looking for excellent typography books. Currently I am finishing Bringhurst's "Elements of Typographic Style," and would like something to follow up with.

I'm about to pick up the "Looking Closer" (1-4) series...

Any other suggested reading? Not just for typography - but great books you've read in general. I'm not looking for annuals and simple case study showcase books - but rather critical writings on graphic design.

I have access to OhioLink, a college resource that links like 100+ colleges in the state of Ohio through their libraries, so I can pretty much recieve any book. So - price is not an object.

I recieved Jeff Fisher's book from some tiny school in northeastern Ohio! That was a great read for a student.

Someone should move this to the resources forum "quick like a bunny" before I feel dumb =/
    design is the best way to touch strangers without getting arrested for it - ben ramsey

some good links here.. though you'll have to scroll down a ways.

http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...ead.php?t=7892
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

The Cheese Monkeys by Chip Kidd

Comment

1ST, I just picked up a book last night called "Graphic Design That Works" the cool thing i like about this is it's a case by case study of real world logos, brochures, magazines and layouts and why they work. And they are popular things that we all know, not garbage.

I also recently picked up a book called "Advertising Concepts & Copy" it goes into more depth about what goes into making an ad than any book I've ever seen. Whether you make ads or not I think it's a valuable resource.
        As God Is My Witness, I Thought Turkeys Could Fly

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
        Working...
        X