Effective Magazine Design Books

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effective Magazine Design Books

OK So I'm in the process of creating a magazine and I really want a design book specifically focused on how to effectively create a solid magazine design. I've found a few I hope some of you can comment on and maybe add a couple you find useful to learn the basics from.

- Surprise Me - Horst Moser

- Magazine Design That Works: Secrets for Susscessful Magazine Deisgn - Stacey King

- magCulture: New Magazine Design - Jeremy Leslie
    Chris
    Fuelded by Imagination

Chris -

I moved away from publication designing quite about 20 years ago - so, I'm not that familiar with books on the topic. The "design that works" series from Rockport is usually pretty good and provides a good overview. I know that Graphis has published a magazine design annual in the past. There are some decent books out there on "page design" and "page layout." Maybe an Amazon or Google search will help you there. You might check out the resources of the Society of Publication Designers. I know they print an annual. Their site may suggest some other sources of information.

- J.
    Jeff Fisher | Engineer of Creative Identity
    Jeff Fisher LogoMotives | Twoot! Twoot!

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PrintDriver
      Reply to Printing help
      PrintDriver
      I did think of one instance where black type on glass does work.
      If this is a store front with a window display back that is white. But it will depend on what else is in the display and the viewing...
      Today, 06:04 AM
    • alice28
      Reply to Happy to Sign Up here
      alice28
      I am happy to sign up here too!!!
      Yesterday, 11:33 PM
    • Keyare
      Reply to How to Start a Magazine - Ad Pricing
      Keyare
      Wow. 13 years later and it's finally useful! Nice to hear metalbiker!! I didn't think people still did printed magazines
      Yesterday, 10:23 PM
    • CobraStrike
      Comment on Cranking them out
      CobraStrike
      This is what I was looking for, I don't know how to phrase what I meant better. Perhaps, these were for fun. Could you tell me if they are successful in using design elements like negative space, font,...
      Yesterday, 06:10 PM
    • PrintDriver
      Reply to Best background for instagram food photos?
      PrintDriver
      Food is one of the worst subjects to photograph. There's a whole art to making food appear appetizing, mostly by doing all kinds of unappetizing things to it. A photog friend of mine was into it for a...
      Yesterday, 04:06 PM
    GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
    Working...
    X