Effective Magazine Design Books

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effective Magazine Design Books

OK So I'm in the process of creating a magazine and I really want a design book specifically focused on how to effectively create a solid magazine design. I've found a few I hope some of you can comment on and maybe add a couple you find useful to learn the basics from.

- Surprise Me - Horst Moser

- Magazine Design That Works: Secrets for Susscessful Magazine Deisgn - Stacey King

- magCulture: New Magazine Design - Jeremy Leslie
    Chris
    Fuelded by Imagination

Chris -

I moved away from publication designing quite about 20 years ago - so, I'm not that familiar with books on the topic. The "design that works" series from Rockport is usually pretty good and provides a good overview. I know that Graphis has published a magazine design annual in the past. There are some decent books out there on "page design" and "page layout." Maybe an Amazon or Google search will help you there. You might check out the resources of the Society of Publication Designers. I know they print an annual. Their site may suggest some other sources of information.

- J.
    Jeff Fisher | Engineer of Creative Identity
    Jeff Fisher LogoMotives | Twoot! Twoot!

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• dchue
      Comment on First stabs at a personal logo
      dchue
      Thanks for the feedback! I'll play with ways to differentiate DC from hue (hyphenation, perhaps?).
      Today, 06:12 PM
    • Aday909
      Best Computer to Run Adobe Creative Suite on
      Aday909
      I am about to graduate college in December and I won't be able to use a lot of the resources that my school has, such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
      It's time to replace my computer anyway...
      Today, 05:25 PM
    • Happyangryman
      Reply to Logo feedback for middle eastern restaurant
      Happyangryman
      Yeah you're right. Think it might have to do with me being lazy and bad at logo design. Just wanted to do something easy, simple and that looks good.

Worked on the skewer on fire...
      Today, 03:52 PM
    • Lord Daz
      Reply to Illustrator: Path from 3D Object.
      Lord Daz
      THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! I did a fast try and it's works! I need the "3D" Path to export in to a .dfx with rhino and finaly do a luser cut.

I didnt have time today to try with...
      Today, 03:17 PM
    • PrintDriver
      Reply to First stabs at a personal logo
      PrintDriver
      Funny how you mention you didn't want it to read D-Chew cuz that is exactly what I got from it. More so with the first than the second.

I sort of rather favor the second one anyway. It has...
      Today, 02:14 PM

20% Off Sale at iStock until Sept 30, 2016
    GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
    Working...
    X