No announcement yet.

New monitor?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New monitor?

Thinking about getting a new monitor, but it's of course important to me to have as realistic of color as possible. I'm using a fairly aged Viewsonic CRT right now, and I've had a good time with it. LCDs seem to be the theme now but it doesn't seem to have color as realistic as my CRT. And I also don't like how the screen is faded if you aren't looking at it straight-on.

So what do you folks suggest? I appreciate the help.
    Creativity is taking what is and bringing in what isn't.

There were a few threads on this just recently that you may have missed on your GDF hiatus (glad to see you back).

Hope these help. (I did an advanced search on thread titles with "monitor" in them)

Hey, thanks, balou!
      Creativity is taking what is and bringing in what isn't.

Latest Topics

• B
        Reply to JPG Image Resolution
        Seventy-two PPI looks OK on your computer display for the simple reason that the resolution of your display might not be much higher than that. Print, however, has much higher-resolution requirements....
        Today, 05:05 PM
      • B
        Reply to How to simulate Kraft paper color/texture with PMS colors
        In both instances, you'd be combining halftone dots on the press to create the color and tonal variations of the image. The problem you're running into with CMYK seems more to do with inconsistencies...
        Today, 04:58 PM
      • DrT
        JPG Image Resolution

I wrote a print-on-demand book (How to "Ace" Statistics 101: Textbook) which is currently sold by Amazon's Create Space. For the book, I created JPG images at 300 DPI, copied...
        Today, 04:47 PM
      • Pavlo
        Comment on Please help me get past a creative block!
        I used to get U&lc delivered to my door in the 90's too. Such a great resource for new typographers. PDF back issues available here:

p.s. I still have...
        Today, 04:41 PM
      • dspiv
        How to simulate Kraft paper color/texture with PMS colors
        Looking for a formula of sorts to simulate Kraft paper using 2-4 PMS colors instead of using CMYK. We have had inconsistent results when a CMYK version is printed using flexographic printing for gusset...
        Today, 03:52 PM

Incredible Stock
      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings