Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Carlo
    Reply to Changing color mode InDesign
    Carlo
    Depends on the version of InDesign you are working with and if you use color in other parts of your document that you want to maintain.

If you have cs6 or later you can convert your color...
    Today, 11:13 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    PrintDriver
    We only use minis to run AV equipment. :}
    If you are going to use a mini, I might still suggest you get outboard file storage. A small RAID or high cap SSD.
    Every "adapter" you will...
    Today, 11:01 PM
  • Aurust
    Illustrator Quick Click Copy
    Aurust
    I was wondering if there is a quick easy way to copy a graphic and then have it pasted every time I click? I've tried the Alt+drag copy but it gets a little tiring quickly. Is there any way to accomplish...
    Today, 09:50 PM
  • KrazyLady
    Comment on My First Design Assignment.
    KrazyLady
    Hi Billy, Thanks for your feedback I had to lower the resolution to get the file small enough to post on this forum. (that's the only way I know how to make a file smaller at this point). If there...
    Today, 09:24 PM
  • iyiyi
    Reply to Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    iyiyi
    Awesome. Thanks! Ya, it will have 16gb which is double what my pro is right now....
    Today, 08:52 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Seal eps

Believe it or not, I cannot find a black and white, line art, eps of the State Seal of California. A client needs one on their business card, and they can't provide anything useable. Any source suggestions out there? I know they exist.
    "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
    LinkedIn

I had to redraw the state seal for New Jersey I could'nt find a vector either and man was that time consuming. If they really want it you might have to redraw it and charge them or I could redraw it and charge you.
    How about a chain pickerel in your bath tub?

Comment

Hey Gromit, I did a google search and found this. I never bought anything from this sight but they claim its all vector and the prices seemed real cheap. Maybe look further into their sight I just glanced through.
      http://vector-images.com/search.php?...eals&atype=all

Comment

State seals are not usually something you are supposed to trace.
        If a person has reason to be using one, a resource is usually available to them.
        Contact the Secretary of State for the particular state you are looking for.

Here is an exerpt for the Great Seal of California website:
        Any person who maliciously or for commercial purposes uses or allows to be used any reproduction or facsimile of the Great Seal or the seals of the Senate or Assembly of the State of California in any manner whatsoever is guilty of a misdemeanor.

Comment

When I did the Jersey seal it was for a contract for the state and believe me you we tried like hell to get the proper art and it was like pulling teeth out of a rabid pitbull. Trust me I had no desire to redraw the damn thing but it was easier than trying to get the correct art from the state.

Comment

I've only dealt with State of MA. We did a rather large 3D state seal one time as part of a state contract and the file came with all these usage rules and access privelages. That was years ago though. Maybe things have changed and they all don't care as much.

Comment

I only ever did the one for New Jersey and when I asked for the correct art the first thing they sent me was copy and paste from the state website and after told them that was no good they snail mailed me a letterhead that had been printed using thermography. This logo had to engraved on some items and screen printed on others. The engraving was to be on hundreds of item throughout the 3 year contract and a scan of what they sent would not only have looked like crap but would have taken about a week to engrave one item on a bowl. The time I spent on the phone was longer than the redraw. Did they make it easy for you to obtain the art in the correct format from them? Maybe its just Jersey but man I swear it would have been easier to swim the english channel.

Comment

Thanks Logo. I'd come across that website. They have a full color seal, which we'd have to purchase (customer isn't going to pay for the extra) then I'd have to work to convert it to a B & W line art. Not impossible of course, but the client doesn't want to pay more then she was quoted. Yes, one of THOSE. To assauge any fears, this is a legal use of the seal.
                "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
                LinkedIn

Comment

Gotta love it when they can't provide it but won't pay extra for you to acquire it.
                  Nice.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                  Working...
                  X