Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with how to quote catalog layout project?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with how to quote catalog layout project?

I'm a new designer and I have the opportunity to design and layout a product catalog...problem is I'm not sure houw to quote this project. There is roughly 102 pages, full colour, artwork required, import of copy and digial images and reshoot of products. There is well over 200 hrs of work. What is the average time this project should take? Please help your assistance is greatly appreciated. Beside this could work to your benefit. If you have technical Mac issues let me know and I might be able to help you. Thanks.

Jen Fraser
    grlgrafx@rogers.com

If you need help with the work I can help. Technically 200 hours of work would set them back $15,000.

Comment

if you have an hourly rate, this is a good place to use it. figure out how much time it will take per page and multiply it by your rate. it might seem high, but you are spending a lot of time on this and should be compensated accordingly.
      Short Attention Gamer | UFClounge

Comment

I agree it is a good place to use your hourly, but often clients will want to set up a set fee rather than running it on the clock. The reason for this is becuase as you are getting so much business it helps them if you shave a bit off the top to allow for the large ammount of work. Keeps the insentives for repeat business, etc.
        I would say the project is easily 200 hours, if you are going to oversee all press and production. I just finished a 32 page catalog with product shots, layout etc, and this was at least a 65 hour project.
        Also, be careful to allow enough time for copy as this is often where a lot of time gets spent. If you need any more help with this email me at 3rdspace@insightbb.com

Comment

Just want you all to know that all your input is great. I submitted a quote and the project is mine. So know that that problem was solved anyone know a Toronto based photographer with reasonable rates?

This is a great input for anyone new!

Thanks,

grlgrafx@rogers.com

Comment

How much did you bid on the job?

Comment

I bid between $2500 and $3000, but noted on the quote that the estimates totals could be subject to change. I actually had a hand from my teacher regarding setting up the quote for this project.

Comment

How many hours did you end up billing?

Comment

This is an 11 year old thread.
                  Doubtful you will get an answer.
                  At this point it really doesn't matter what the person billed.
                  It would be more interesting to find out if they are still in business.
                  Let's just say the hand the teacher gave the OP was not helpful. Benjo's post is more in keeping with rates in 2004 (Benjo aka Guest. Poor guy kept getting his account messed up.)

Comment

Hi Bayoyong and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
                    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Splashsky
                      Advice on simple banking-style design
                      Splashsky
                      So, for a little background, I'm working on a text-based web game as a passion project. I'm no designer; far from it. I'm working on the banking feature of the game, which as a few features. The banking...
                      Today, 12:10 PM
                    • PrintDriver
                      Comment on QuarkXPress 2017 introduced
                      PrintDriver
                      Hi wcali, nice rant. A lot of the software companies are forgetting their main purpose in life.
                      The Output.
                      As a printer, I have been going round and round with Adobe over features they have...
                      Today, 08:46 AM
                    • Peter3v
                      Reply to Logo Design - Font to match and go alongside chosen logo
                      Peter3v
                      Hey B - If interested people would like to message me on earth2pete@hotmail.com that would be great. Thank you
                      Today, 06:52 AM
                    • Breanne.C
                      Reply to Helloooooo!
                      Breanne.C
                      Actually, I do have a print related issue if you'd like to take a stab at helping me with. Should I post in the correct category with the issue and picture that goes with it?
                      Yesterday, 10:29 PM
                    • Breanne.C
                      Reply to Font ID Please
                      Breanne.C
                      Oh yeah.

Catorze27 Style 1 Bold best matched it, for the exception of the M, which I easily was able to fix....
                      Yesterday, 10:14 PM
                    GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                    Working...
                    X