Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Judy Smith
    Reply to The ad I posted in classifieds was not posted
    Judy Smith
    On the post, I had linked to a thread on this forum, wherein someone advised me to post the term "volunteer" in the subject line of the classifieds section....
    Today, 03:33 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to First Time App Project Advice Needed
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF dude

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 02:17 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    BillyLogan
    Absolutely better. Just make sure the tag line's readable if you ever print it....
    Today, 01:47 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Custom social icons
    BillyLogan
    For me, customizing your own social media icons reflect creativity and imagination. However, it may tend to look less professional because of the artistry of some people. So if you have a corporate website,...
    Today, 01:40 AM
  • garricks
    Reply to The ad I posted in classifieds was not posted
    garricks
    Judy, the description of the sub forum reads:

Jobs and Paying projects.NO SPEC WORK OR CONTESTS! PAID WORK ONLY! IF IT'S NOT PAYING WORK DO NOT POST IT HERE!!! If you don't want the job,...
    Today, 12:49 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to buy images

Hi, I am new and hopefully not asking an offensive question, but I would like to buy a bunch of images to use on a web site. These would be fairly low resolution, and of a variety of subjects, with simplicity the key.

I know about Stock.XCHNG and the many sites that sell images for $1 each or so, but the problem is, they take a lot of time to prepare in Photoshop or ImageReady to make them smaller in size (about 120x90 would be good), and also smaller in byte size. I am not very speedy using that software.

I don't know if I can buy a CDROM/DVD with a few hundred of them or purchase from someone here, or from someone on one of the image selling sites. I thought of using Guru.com or Elance.com, but it is not really a "project" per se.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Go to your local Staples, Kinkos, etc., and look on the shelf of $5 - $10 software.

There you should find plenty of low res royalty-free stock images on CD, which are good only for the web.

Otherwise, if you get images from sites like Stock.Xchng, you can easily mass-reduce them by using Photoshop's "Actions" palette and Batch Processing Menu (in the File Browser).
    Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
    mediamainline.com
    cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

GreenTomato, I get a little suspicious when someone is looking for a very large number of images to "put on a website". If these are for prettying up your personal site that is fine (the more images, the longer the load though). But if you are putting them up as a source for other people to use, that is almost always prohibited by the end-user-license-agreement (EULA) of any image site or image disk.

Comment

Thanks Ned. I did not realize there was a batch method in Photoshop. I will look at that.

PrintDriver: I know what you mean. No, I don't try to resell anything. I am putting up a bunch of small article sites, and want to have a small image for each article, but don't want long load times. THe images are just to create a piece of eye candy for the reader, but the sites are really oriented toward the text, so that is why I want them all to be 120x90 size.
        Last edited by GreenTomato; 06-20-2006, 02:49 PM.

Comment

No problem, GT. Basically, you start recording an action, then resize and save one single image. Stop recording the action, and it will be saved. Next, you open up your file browser, pick all the images you want to be resized (either CTRL/CMND click them in the browser, or open them), then go into Automate => Batch.

In the batch dialogue box, choose the action you just created, and for "Source" either choose File Browser if you have the images "highlighted", or "Opened Files" if you opened them, (or you can choose a folder, but I'm trying to keep this simple).

Voila, Photoshop will open, resize, and save all those images for you, just like that. If you have a few hundred, just go out and have a coffee.
          Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
          mediamainline.com
          cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
          Working...
          X