Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Lucifer
    Reply to Need color choice help on logo design...
    Lucifer
    What does this company do?
    Today, 04:52 AM
  • Roth
    Reply to Personal Logo Critique
    Roth
    You're in danger of having too many elements. If you're going to make something of the W being different, make it noticeably different (I assumed the Woodruff was in the W font, and took me a while to...
    Today, 04:46 AM
  • jwood
    Reply to Personal Logo Critique
    jwood
    Thanks for the thoughts and questions. I had several tries with the same font but it always looked too plain. The different fonts seemed to help the logo to stand out but still look professional. I'll...
    Today, 04:31 AM
  • EmberMike
    Reply to The End of Adobe Creative Suite is upon us...Creative Cloud shift
    EmberMike
    Resurrecting an oldie here...

I've been a CS6 holdout but now I'm at a point where I need to buy After Effects and I can't find a reasonable price on it anywhere. My upgrade to CC may be...
    Today, 03:58 AM
  • B
    Comment on Hey guys, I'm wondering which domain name sounds better.
    B
    You might try always spelling it out with mixed case, as in MichelleBethDean.com. Domain names aren't case sensitive, so it'll work with no problem. It'll also eliminate any confusion over what it says...
    Today, 02:00 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use Shutterstock??

Hi there,

Great forum- just came across this today!!

Does anyone happen to have a copy of Shutterstock's EULA from before they changed it recently? Something I see on the current EULA is hitting me funny and I dont think it was there when I had a subscription the last time - and I cannot locate my copy.

Thanks so much!!
    Shelly

Thanks Harp - I appreciate the reply.

Unfortunately, I'm talking about the EULA for purchased images that have already been purchased - and I just can't find the EULA I printed when I purchased them last year. So if anyone has it and can post/email/fax it to me, I would appreciate it so much!

Thanks,
    Shelly

Comment

This one may take a while so hang in there. I find it quite amazing to hear from a designer who actually prints out the EULA. Most don't even read them.

I'm curious what you don't like about the way the new one is written. It wasn't any more obnoxious than others I've seen.

I always like the way ALL of these sites say on one hand "you can use images downloaded from this site as listed in the permissible usage paragraph" then turn around and say, "this site and its operators are not responsible for any violation of copyright, publicity, or trademark infringement propagated through the use of these images." This has always seemed rather contradictory to me. Good thing we have an on-staff lawyer where I work.

Comment

PrintDriver,

Thanks for the reply... Among other things, this is one of the things that has me:

PART II
        RESTRICTIONS
        YOU MAY NOT:

Stockpile, download, or otherwise store Images not used within six months of the expiration of your account.
        I'm no lawyer, by far, but ---- what does this mean to you??

Interesting to me that their media alert, still up on their website btw, says this:

Terms remain the same: subscribers will still be able to download 25 images every day (that's 750 every month!) to be used royalty-free forever.
        http://www.shutterstock.com/releases/pricechange.mhtml

So, what would any of you make of this??

Thanks,
        Shelly <--- One designer who reads the EULA's
        Last edited by graphicschick; 06-21-2006, 03:36 PM.

Comment

I think the word 'used' may be the sticking point. If you don't 'use' it in the specified time you lose it. If you use the image it remains royalty free with no term. Many images in high-end stock world only allow you to display an image for a set number of days, months, or years before you have to renew the usage license.

This is a stretch for this site but it could be what they'd argue.

Your best bet is to call or email them and ask them to clarify exactly what they mean.
          But I can see why you'd want to see a copy of the old license.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
          Working...
          X