X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my site

ok, so for my first link, i'll post my personal site - just uploaded it on the weekend, infact: www.jeremynell.com
    what do you think?

the concept:
    non-mainstream style site, which doesn't directly act as a "hey-look-at-my-work-so-please-contact-me-for-a-quote" kind of site. it's meant to be more experimental.

also, along a similar theme, i designed this forum skin: www.jnforums.com

thoughts and comments?

</CODE>

its cool but it bugs my eyes out....on the right side mostly

its experimental but its really not all that experimental....its been done before....

check out the works on praystation.com thats experimental.....

JUST LAUNCHED - www.hirethisdesigner.com - check it out

Comment

yes, if you are speaking about the one and only joshua davis [praystation], then we find ourselves in a different zone...he is a master of Flash. but, my site isn't Flash...it's merely a flat html site with css, and some nice experimental art/design/photography [if you click on the links].

but, nonetheless, thank you for your comments. much appreciated.

</CODE>

Comment

yeah the works are nice....but I thought this was a site critic...

its a bit hard to figure where stuff is on the site and the gray is hard to read....

even thought its flash you can still pull insprination from it...

JUST LAUNCHED - www.hirethisdesigner.com - check it out

Comment

cool, thanks dude.

any other comments from anyone?

speak, or forever hold your screams - www.jnforums.com</CODE>

Comment

Intresting concept. The colors contrast well but your font might be a hair to small to read. It's legible but it needs to be readable.

I'm not shore what to really think as you styled it like a printed peice so a sign of navigation is hidden or missing.

I'm all for experiementing so I don't knock you for that, I'm shore you have the talent to bang out a great site.

Comment

well, the navigation is actually in amongst the words and poetry etc. it IS hidden yes, but still fairly easy to discover...

Comment

I like the image of the face, ghostly, it is memorable.
                I find the text too much effort to read so it's stopping me getting very far.
                I guess I don't really like the dark vibe with red text etc., which reminds me of sort of dark stuff, vampires etc., although I have a feeling what you've written is better than that.

How did you get the fixed background on the top right (with scrolling text) to work on Internet Explorer?
                The way I would think of getting this kind of effect is to use {background-position: fixed} but IE doesn't support that.

http://www.jackfruitdesign.com/
                Om Namah Shivaya
                Business website: Jackfruit Design
                Personal blog: theSheep.co.uk

Comment

Interesting phatfoo! I like the background image but when the site loaded my eyes were as BP said - ALL over the place! They didn't know where to go first. I found the site extremely hard to read - 1) the red text on black on the left hand side - kinda hurts my eyes. The the gray on the right hand side over the gray image. - alot of that text just doesn't show up well because they are too close in color I think. 2) I think the font is a little small like benjo said...maybe you could up the pt size just a hair.

It's kind of a cool idea that you hid the links. I was thinking that maybe instead of using underlines to call them out, you could just increase the font size a little for the links, you know, maybe play with the type a little like you did for the word 'Hi' I like that ) Well...I don't mean make them WAY huger than the rest but you get what I mean right? LOL!

I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

damn, these are very very awesome replies. thanks so much, ppl.

firstly, please go back to my site and leave some comments in my guestbook! ha ha, only if you can find it.

secondly, i seem to be getting quite a few remarks about the font size and colour scheme. hmmmm. i am a huge fan of small, crisp, fonts...hmmmmm. yes, i also like the playing with font sizes - it has a cool effect...quite typographic, as HTML goes. [img]/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

how i got the text on the top right to scroll was simple - it's merely a DIV!

once again, thanks so far all the good comments...

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                    Working...
                    X