Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brochure Book?

Hello guys!!
    Thanks god I found a very nice design forum. Awesome!!!

My problem:
    Im going to buy some books at amazon. And Im having problems to find a nice book of brochures. I looking for a inspiration book and not a "how to...book". Im looking for more "graphic solutions" inspirations than new creative papers,inks, "special emboss". I mean, a book that would help me when I get stuck, freezed, without ideas how solute a (layout) problem.

I already found one book, but I really not sure if this is the best book around.

The book that I told.
    The Best of Brochure Design 7 (the number 7 is cheaper than 8)
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/159...lance&n=283155

Thanks for your attention!!
    -Bonato

I have a book called 1000 chairs, I look to that for inspiration, otherwise I'm going to be to persuaded by other work if I look at designs
    As God Is My Witness, I Thought Turkeys Could Fly

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
      But Im pretty sure that I need a brochure book.
      Are there people who had it? Any kind of lights are good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonato
        Thanks for your reply.
        But Im pretty sure that I need a brochure book.
        Are there people who had it? Any kind of lights are good.

i have best of brochure design 7 & 8... i think 7 is best.

also take a look at 1000 type treatments there is some nice stuff in there

Comment

Originally posted by distruktor
          i have best of brochure design 7 & 8... i think 7 is best.

also take a look at 1000 type treatments there is some nice stuff in there
          @ distruktor: Very good hint! And the good news is 7 is cheaper . (ah! very nice site, waiting to see your portfolio).

Guys,
          I work with low money clients, and I was thinking specially with design/graphic/layout solutions for small brochures (z-fold, gate-fold, tri-panel). Because they havent money to spend with special colors or papers. Mainly good solutions come from my creativity (graphic organization, layout...).
          Im writing this because I put my hands on "The best of Brochure Design 6" and I"ve found several good solutions for large brochures. One of them, for example: in the left page a picture and in the right, a blank page with a little box with text. But this kind of solution is almost impossible to me. I have a lot of information to put in a page, put photos, maps... So... that book is not too useful to me. Can you understand me? If I found a book that shows small brochures and folders, would be better. A better "shoot".

In resume: a book with nice layout and graphic solutions when you have a lot of information (text and photos) to put in a small piece of paper.

I hope you understand me.

Thanks!!

Comment

This is a nice little tutorial, called Peekaboo Brochures
            "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Originally posted by urstwile
              This is a nice little tutorial, called Peekaboo Brochures
              Oh man!! Thanks a lot! That links was perfect. Do you know why? Because looking that, I found the www.bamagazine.com the "real author" of this article, there I found a lot of really good stuff. So now, Im planning buy many issues. Very excited!

And back to "my book", another ideas?

Cheers!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
              Working...
              X