Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Cosmo
    Reply to Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    Cosmo
    You can get a 21" iMac for $1099 with 8gb of memory (which is plenty). I would do that and then if you feel like you need more memory down the road, upgrade it. You can get 8gb of memory for under...
    Today, 05:50 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Zoo Business Card Critique Wanted
    <b>
    I like the look, but that isn't the same as saying it's right for the job.

If the card were actually for the Bronx Zoo, you'd need to consider the current branding of the zoo, then make your...
    Today, 05:25 PM
  • Yehoshua
    Personal Logo Suggestions
    Yehoshua
    Developed a personal logo. Suggestions or comments? Thanks!

JK for my initials....
    Today, 05:16 PM
  • Yehoshua
    Reply to Cover Layout Feedback
    Yehoshua
    That's what I was looking for, thanks man. Do you have any tutorials or guides you could show me that could help me better understand typography and layout? That's probably been my biggest struggle thus...
    Today, 05:13 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Happy Halloween!!!!
    kemingMatters
    That reminds me of a Newfy joke lol
    Today, 04:42 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prepress Training

I am a prepress technician and I want to stay on top of my game as well as graphic design. I know of podcast and Adobe/Quark free tuitorials that can keep me busy, but does anyone know of any good literature I could check out? I know magazines are a good source, but was wondering if there are any resources for prepress especially that people are using in particular. Thanks!

Crap, I just realized below this there's a prepress thread.... my bad. I'm going to check that out. If you all still want to reply feel free! Thanks.
    Last edited by tessabell8; 07-16-2006, 09:16 PM.

http://www.prepressforums.com/
    "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

^ ^ Good place to keep up to date and post questions that are more than graphic design (GASP!!). Not nearly as fun as GDF, but very imformative for the prepress techy.
      People tell me "Have a Good One!' Hell, I already have a good one, I just need a BIGGER one! - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by rickself
        ^ ^ Good place to keep up to date and post questions that are more than graphic design (GASP!!). Not nearly as fun as GDF, but very imformative for the prepress techy.
        And not so techy (at least for me, anymore), but I still like to know what the terms are, etc.

Comment

Oh it can be techy alright. With all the new and updated old workflows like Agfa Systems, Xitron Systems, Artwork Systems, Trueflow, Creo-Scitex Systems, RAMpage, Dynagram, Harlequin, Delta, Printready, Prinect etc. going on in printing now a days it's mind numbing. A person who knows one workflow very seldom can solve someone's problem about another workflow. It's not like the old days.
          WYSIWYG

Comment

Not sure what your level is, but if it's medium skill or lower, I've used (am using), VTC Training disks, (audio/visual). I'm also signed up with Prepress Training Solutions. (a division of Staffing Tools). They're in Bloomington IN, and I'm doing stuff online from OZ. It's more interactive than the disks, but they're both good, within their limits. Neither are all that expensive, really, especially when compred to one-on-one. Take out a bank loan for that, I reckon.
            As the other posts imply, Prepress Forums are full of gems to stumble upon.

Comment

Originally posted by jimking
              Oh it can be techy alright. With all the new and updated old workflows like Agfa Systems, Xitron Systems, Artwork Systems, Trueflow, Creo-Scitex Systems, RAMpage, Dynagram, Harlequin, Delta, Printready, Prinect etc. going on in printing now a days it's mind numbing. A person who knows one workflow very seldom can solve someone's problem about another workflow. It's not like the old days.
              Oh, absolutely, I know. I meant that I'm not working in that end of things anymore, so I myself am not so techy. Which is why I try to keep in the loop as best as possible, even though it's kind of abstract for me in a lot of ways now.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
              Working...
              X