Ubuntu OS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu OS

I was thinking to install UBUNTU in one of my computers (PC with Windows 2000 server). If I install this operating system.. Am I going to loose windows and all the programs I have installed in Windows.. Am i going to be able to select the OS i want to run when I turn the computer on? Maybe ecsyte can give me a hand....

http://www.ubuntu.com/
    Last edited by Piscosour; 07-18-2006, 01:06 AM.
    anitalavalatina

If you put in a second drive, you can do a clean install and have multi boot setup, otherwise i'm afraid you are gonna lose your windows install, unless perhaps you get some non-destructive partitioning (split the existing drive) but I don't know if you can use non-destructive partition editing if two partitions don't already exist.

check out partition magic, although i'm sure there's a host of third party options out there

Comment

Thank you Bear!
      anitalavalatina

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PrintDriver
        Reply to Looking for feedback on a logo idea
        PrintDriver
        I don't think I'd worry too much about local sign ordinances and colors.
        That is why logos can be created in black and white. If the community insists on a certain type of sign, it is easy enough...
        Today, 02:52 PM
      • UrdialesT
        Adobe Illustrator 10
        UrdialesT
        When I tried to open the .ai file in Adobe Illustrator 10, it displayed an error which states, " Adobe Illustrator file format is having difficulties " What should I do for the problem?
        Today, 12:01 PM
      • KitchWitch
        Reply to Helle there from the Netherlands
        KitchWitch
        Hi Yasinusta and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
        Today, 07:24 AM
      • yasinusta
        Reply to Diamond Logo Finalists -Need Opinion on Style route?
        yasinusta
        I see here a good begin. I think you need to kill your darling and make an new logo that doesn't look like this ones. When you begin with making a new logo you got inspired by a lot of things.
        Today, 07:03 AM
      • yasinusta
        Reply to How can graphic be manipulated?
        yasinusta
        Hi, do a research in Design Psychology. You will learn a lot about manipulated graphics.
        Today, 06:50 AM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X