X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu OS

I was thinking to install UBUNTU in one of my computers (PC with Windows 2000 server). If I install this operating system.. Am I going to loose windows and all the programs I have installed in Windows.. Am i going to be able to select the OS i want to run when I turn the computer on? Maybe ecsyte can give me a hand....

http://www.ubuntu.com/
    Last edited by Piscosour; 07-18-2006, 06:06 AM.
    anitalavalatina

If you put in a second drive, you can do a clean install and have multi boot setup, otherwise i'm afraid you are gonna lose your windows install, unless perhaps you get some non-destructive partitioning (split the existing drive) but I don't know if you can use non-destructive partition editing if two partitions don't already exist.

check out partition magic, although i'm sure there's a host of third party options out there

Comment

Thank you Bear!
      anitalavalatina

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
      Working...
      X