Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Reply to How to choose a scanner?
    <b>
    I agree, the Canoscan is a good scanner -- especially for the price. I've bought a couple of Epson Perfection V700 Photo Scanners for work, and would do so again if they're still made. They've been very...
    Today, 03:54 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to [ Logo Critique ] Period or not at the end of the tagline?
    PanToshi
    Adding my vote for keeping it.
    Today, 03:31 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Glad to Be Here Now!
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF Tess

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 02:44 AM
  • PanToshi
    Comment on Where do you find talent?
    PanToshi
    Yep, like I said, freelancers who are hoping to work full-time for the company for which they are occasionally freelancing are unemployed designers who are freelancing until they find full-time work.
    Today, 02:40 AM
  • MichaelWied
    Comment on Where do you find talent?
    MichaelWied
    The "freelancers" are basically there to be called in if a big project comes up and they need the extra hand, and these are designers hoping to get a full time spot at the company.
    Today, 01:51 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book to learn Web Design for beginners

This book recently came out. It teaches HTML and CSS the right way, using hands-on projects.

Creating a Web Page with HTML : Visual QuickProject Guide

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.'
    - Albert Einstein
    ProudPenguin
    P r o d u c t i o n s

Ohhhhhhhh! Nice!

--Rant--
    I really need to figure out why my text-align: center; doesn't work. I want to brake down my site into PHP includes but the dam center align in my CSS is not working. DAMIT!

I even rewrote a test page and it works but that mean I have to rewrite the whole dam thing now cause something my my code is messing the rest of my pages up.
    ---Rant over---

Graphic Design Heroes! Call me Captain Type Caster. I’ve fought off “The Evil Cosmic Sans” for year but it seems “Dr. Extreme Untalented” keeps bring him back. I must find a way to defeat this evil creature.

Capt. Creative bring me those comps…

Comment

Oh the joys of CSS.

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.'
      - Albert Einstein
      ProudPenguin
      P r o d u c t i o n s

Comment

yay.

Comment

That's a nice book, but it is important to understand that you need much more than HTML and CSS to create a good web site. </o>
          HTML is a building tool. You use it to construct your site after you've designed it. Very few people can build a good looking web site using just HTML. You'll need to create images, and design the look and feel of your site in an image creation program like Illustrator or Macromedia Fireworks first. Then you'll have to convert those images to ones you can use on the web, and then you'll start messing with the HTML creation of the site. All of these steps have very web-specific guidelines you'll have to follow. Print designers often think that they can just learn HTML, and they'll be off and running on the web, but that's simply not true. About 25% of the people that order my video course are print designers looking to migrate to the web.</o>
          If you skip the extra web-specific learning, your site will reflect negatively on you, and won't help your business at all. Although web design isn't super complicated, you will have to learn more than a couple of HTML codes to really do anything worthwhile. </o>
          I haven't really found any single book that covers all the things you'll need to know, which is one of the reasons I created my video course (link in signature). </o>
          That said, if you want to read a book, I would suggest the tutorials at web monkey. They're free.</o>
          </o>
          Good luck!</o>
          </o>

David Lieberman
          Academy of Web Design, Video Course
          Add Web Design to your Skills!

Comment

Actually a good knowledge of (X)HTML and CSS is an excellent foundation for Web design. If you are talking about print designers, they already know how to use Photoshop. Then they just need to know how to use the Save for Web dialog and some knowledge of file formats, sizes, and a few other details.

Web design really isn't that hard, but most try to take the easy way out and use DreamWeaver, or just ImageReady. That is what gets them in trouble.

ProudPenguin
            P r o d u c t i o n s

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
            Working...
            X