Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Cosmo
    Comment on Please help with company logo
    Cosmo
    I'm not sure you're comparing apples to apples here...

You diagnosing a problem is the same as us giving you advice. It's free and doesn't require much work on your part. Now, if someone...
    Today, 05:51 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Adobe Illustrator SVG Transparency/Knockout Problem
    kemingMatters
    Unfortunately there's no easy button, Transparency > Knockout Group doesn't create a proper file. Flip to outline view, does it look like an exact outline of the image?
    Today, 05:05 PM
  • kiwikat07
    Comment on Seeking critiques
    kiwikat07
    Gotcha. I don't think you're off base at all. First impressions are important!
    Today, 05:01 PM
  • Red Kittie Kat
    Comment on Now I'm No Grammar Nazi .... But...
    Red Kittie Kat
    Yeah, I saw the video of her. The Baby Daddy is in jail or something and she needs food for her 15 babies lmao. I think she needs a birth control prescription more ... but, I guess that train has...
    Today, 04:53 PM
  • seamas
    Comment on Seeking critiques
    seamas
    Not sure.

Like I said, I like the way the sun is rendered--I just saw it on my screed from across the room, and really like how it softens up from a distance.

I could be somewhat...
    Today, 04:52 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my portfolio and graphic forum

EDITED BY ALLEN is my portfolio. tell me what you think
    and here is my NO ADVERTISING OTHER FORUMS, OKAY...THX!!

Saw you were into GFX, drop by, we could use a helping hand B)

Come visit our website( with temporary forum, soon to be switched to a phpbb forum.) NOPE SORRY, YOU DON'T ADVERTISE, WE DON'T EITHER...GET IT?

If the site becomes a success we may buy a .com for it, imagine that!

Got friends, or know somebody who needs a sig? Send em here because we won't send them packin'. Need a sig yourself? NOPE, NOT GONNA HAPPEN

we make free graphics! such as signatures and avatars! [img]/emoticons/ph34r.gif[/img] THATS GREAT, ALTHOUGH NONE OF US ACTUALLY MAKE MONEY OFF OF THOSE THINGS, WE VERY HIGHLY DISCOURAGE FREE GRAPHIC WORK OF ANY KIND, THIS IS HOW WE MAKE OUR LIVING.

Post Edited By Moderator (Allen H) : 9/13/2004 11:03:35 PM GMT

terarded.

:: i go out on friday night and i come home on saturday morning ::

Comment

how does d-frag's foot taste????

otto veblin = Zartan

'yes here is your logo' - zartan
      'um dont like it can you add a swoosh?' - zartan
      'No I am the designer bitch now pay your bill!' - zartan
      - client leaves -

Comment

LOL @ Perm.

These guys never learn. Hobbiest!

Graphic Design Heroes! Call me Captain Type Caster. I’ve fought off “The Evil Cosmic Sans” for year but it seems “Dr. Extreme Untalent” keeps bringing him back. I must find a way to defeat this evil creature.

Capt. Creative bring me those comps…

Comment

Or how does his foot feel...up yer a$$? LOL

damn..just could not resist that one ;O)

Boobie Island or Bust!
          I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

Collage-arama!!! </font> </font>

BB~:0)

Comment

god I love signatures....

whats the deal with signatures ... i mean...where do I sign...? - jerry seinfield voice

otto veblin = Zartan

'yes here is your logo' - zartan
              'um dont like it can you add a swoosh?' - zartan
              'No I am the designer bitch now pay your bill!' - zartan
              - client leaves -

Comment

Heather - Normally we give very warm welcomes here. This is a fun loving place and there is tons of talent here and much you can learn reguardless of how much you may already know. Had your first post been a 'hello' or a lil info about you perhaps yourself instead of blatant advertising you would most cerainly gotten that warm welcome. We have alot of people coming here just to advertise. So when your first post is an advertisement, when we clearly do not allow advertising of ANY kind....you get the kind of response that you received.

Calling us pansies and saying that we have a 'pitiful little forum' instead of just explaining yourself and you advertisement doesn't really help the situation much....BTW...I am curious....if this forum is SO pitiful, why is it ranked #1 for graphic design forums...hummm....something to think about anyways.

)

Boobie Island or Bust!

Comment

I probably shouldn't admit to this here, but Signatures got me interested in design! In fact if i hadn't started messing with sigs, i never would've known how much you could do with Photoshop... I'd only ever used it for touching up Photo's before!?! In fact i moderate on a sig based gfx site too lol!

I hate to say it guy's but on this occasion some of you are sounding like elitist snobs, which i know you're not! *shrugs and shakes head* I for one joined this site because of your friendly and helpful attitude towards people who want to learn, and to be honest i'm pretty shocked at some of the responses here!?!

Is the GD industry so cut-throat that you feel threatened by people making sigs for free!?! It's just a way to learn the software really, and you couldn't really charge people even if it was the greatest sig ever made... lol!

Well that's my 2c...

http://dabeanz.deviantart.com

Comment

thanks for you input beanz!!
                    I understand what you are saying totally! But we have to weed out the people who come on to blatantly advertise....and when you place an advertisement as your first post that is the initial thought - that its for advertising purposes. It's a rule of the forum that there is NO advertising at all, of any kind. Allen doesn't even have people advertise on here to help him pay for having this site up, such as banner ads etc..., like most other forums....so we are very strict on this particular rule...

You come here to learn the software and others come here to learn also..that is what this place is for...you are right! It is not here for people to advertise their forums, their services or anything of that nature. It is clearly stated at the top of the website. I am unsure as to why we have to keep explaing this to others...so sometimes it gets rather annoying when you have to kill off an average of 5-10 advertisers a day...

Again, Heather, had you come into this forum with your first post being anything other than advertsing you would have gotten a very warm welcome...as many others entering here do. You are free to post all you want as long as no advertising is involved. We have rules here just as every other place does.

Boobie Island or Bust!

Comment

I couldn't agree more on the advertising side of things, it's the same with every forum in respect to reading the rules before posting.

Comment

)

hey beanz I just clicked yer link...nice photo there! Very dramatic!

Boobie Island or Bust!

Comment

i think all that name-dropping was a fantastic touch. i feel real bad now that i might have lost a possible e-friend with real hollywood connections.

in fact, she's so well connected that she knows that nobody else here has ever worked on a film or spoken to a real, live celebrity.

because that, after all, is the true mark of one who has 'made it': having spoken to a famous person. the conceit of that one statement drives me nuts. avatars and login names...that's all we're going on here, people. this forum is being read globally. who knows who is logged in right now? and we all know what happens when we assume things, don't we?

beanz, you rock. y'know why? you have manners. but i don't think that elitist snobs is appropriate. it was more like ad-hating-blood-thirsty-ban-monkeys. just fyi.

:: i go out on friday night and i come home on saturday morning ::

Comment

Bah. I hate Nicole Kidman.
                            So we wouldn't have gotten along anyway.

And she didn't drop OUR names so she doesn't know the REAL who's who anyway.

Good luck with getting that '.com' - whoo hoo.

Care to share a tacoobie?

Comment

uncle carbunkle said...
                              i don't think that elitist snobs is appropriate. it was more like ad-hating-blood-thirsty-ban-monkeys. just fyi.

Hey D-Zine, thanks for taking a look... It's a shame about the nasty border and text, i liked it at the time, but it makes me cringe a bit now to be honest lol!

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X