Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query over laptop purchase...

Hey guys...

I've to give suggestions to my boss about potential laptops for him to issue me with for my job.

They're not in a position to purchase Macs (which would be the most ideal for me)

Any suggestions for something under a grand?..something that would cope with having PS, illustrator, Indesign etc open at once?..something with decent ram?...processor?..

I was looking at these...http://www.euro.dell.com/ie/en/home/...=iedhs1&~ck=mn

What do you think?...

I've always been impressed by the Alienware range. But it might a bit pricey.

Have you checked out the outlet stores?

I got my Laptop from the Dell outlet.

4 gb ram
    Dual core 2.56 ghz
    256mb graphics card
    2 x 160 gb harddrives
    wifi
    bluetooth
    loads of ports
    blu-ray player/dvd burner
    hi definition display
    etc.
    (oh and a full keyboard.... score, like my laptop has a sep number pad.)

It was about 780

You can pick some great bargains.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

I have had a Dell laptop since 2002 and it still runs. I have CS installed on it now. The only thing I upgraded later was the ram. bumped it up to 2G when I installed CS. After all these years the only thing that is wrong with it is it's not as pretty as my macbook air. But it's my first laptop and I can't seem to part with it.
      *sings* "I am slowly going crazy 1.2.3.4.5.6. switch. Slowly crazy am I going 6.5.4.3.2.1. switch"

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• salsa
        Reply to How much should i charge?
        salsa
        What Kerning said. Basically just tell them what you told us and be honest about it. Also, get a contract this time around. Use the same excuse - that this looks like an ongoing partnership with them...
        Today, 09:42 AM
      • salsa
        Reply to Exhibit text, large format
        salsa
        That is a lot of words to expect a person to stand and read, especially at an exhibit fair where people are talking and socializing, not reading literature. I can see this working as a low contrast background...
        Today, 09:30 AM
      • Obsidian86
        Reply to How many times you people do exercise in a day?
        Obsidian86
        I have a standing desk and pace around a lot at work. I get about 10k steps a day at my office. I go to the gym 3 times a week and I walk/jog/run for an hour a few times a week to keep in practice for...
        Today, 09:28 AM
      • KitchWitch
        Reply to Best Image Trace Option?
        KitchWitch
        Hi Rexus and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
        Today, 08:24 AM
      • KitchWitch
        Reply to How to save Illustrator images for PDF docs
        KitchWitch
        Hi Alizapetar and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
        Today, 07:51 AM
      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X