Announcement

Collapse

Critical Announcement

With great regret, we would like to inform you that the decision has been made to close down www.GraphicDesignForum.com as of January 31, 2018.

The community has started www.GraphicDesignForum.org to continue the discussion.
See more
See less

Query over laptop purchase...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query over laptop purchase...

Hey guys...

I've to give suggestions to my boss about potential laptops for him to issue me with for my job.

They're not in a position to purchase Macs (which would be the most ideal for me)

Any suggestions for something under a grand?..something that would cope with having PS, illustrator, Indesign etc open at once?..something with decent ram?...processor?..

I was looking at these...http://www.euro.dell.com/ie/en/home/...=iedhs1&~ck=mn

What do you think?...

I've always been impressed by the Alienware range. But it might a bit pricey.

Have you checked out the outlet stores?

I got my Laptop from the Dell outlet.

4 gb ram
    Dual core 2.56 ghz
    256mb graphics card
    2 x 160 gb harddrives
    wifi
    bluetooth
    loads of ports
    blu-ray player/dvd burner
    hi definition display
    etc.
    (oh and a full keyboard.... score, like my laptop has a sep number pad.)

It was about 780

You can pick some great bargains.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

I have had a Dell laptop since 2002 and it still runs. I have CS installed on it now. The only thing I upgraded later was the ram. bumped it up to 2G when I installed CS. After all these years the only thing that is wrong with it is it's not as pretty as my macbook air. But it's my first laptop and I can't seem to part with it.
      *sings* "I am slowly going crazy 1.2.3.4.5.6. switch. Slowly crazy am I going 6.5.4.3.2.1. switch"

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• B
        Reply to What do you guys think about this designe ?
        B
        I'm guessing that renting a party girl means exactly what one might suspect.

As for the logo, it looks like a peel-off sticker of some kind. The type is mathematically centered, but visually...
        Today, 09:07 PM
      • PrintDriver
        Reply to migrating or going away?
        PrintDriver
        Merit badges? Really?
        We'll see what happens I guess.
        Today, 08:19 PM
      • B
        Reply to migrating or going away?
        B
        The project manager, Iraszi, from the company that owns the forum, says the company decided to shut down the forum. He's taken the initiative to set up a new, independent forum that isn't owned by the...
        Today, 07:55 PM
      • PrintDriver
        Reply to What do you guys think about this designe ?
        PrintDriver
        What do you mean by ''gig design''?

As for the thing itself, I might put Perth on its own line under Party Girls. The whole thing kind of gives a mixed message. Is it a modeling agency? Is...
        Today, 07:34 PM
      • PrintDriver
        migrating or going away?
        PrintDriver
        Is this forum migrating to the new or going away and starting over?
        Today, 07:30 PM
      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X