Query over laptop purchase... Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Search Search Module

Advertisement Advertisement Module

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module

• PrintDriver
    Reply to Portfolio Critique
    B, did you read his resume?
    Parts of this are actual work, even though it seems to be on campus and/or under no direction.
    Though I do agree on the use of vulgarity for possibly simple shock...
    Today, 07:31 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Basic Document Set up Question
    Either that or the printer has automatic borders and won't print within 1/4" of the edge all around and maybe even not a 1/2" at the bottom.
    Today, 06:52 PM
  • jlwaters
    Reply to New here, looking for feedback on design project
    You know your right, I hadn't thought of flattening it to include the skull also. Really great advice, I definitely think that could be the reason it doesn't look quite right. THANK YOU!
    Today, 05:03 PM
  • B
    By the way, welcome to the forum.

Since it's your first post, here are links to the forum rules and some useful information that we try to give all new forum members....
    Today, 04:41 PM
  • B
    From the measurements you've given it seems that your artboard plus your bleed extends right out to the vertical edges of the 8.5x11 paper. This doesn't leave any room for the horizontal crop marks to...
    Today, 04:39 PM

Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query over laptop purchase...

Hey guys...

I've to give suggestions to my boss about potential laptops for him to issue me with for my job.

They're not in a position to purchase Macs (which would be the most ideal for me)

Any suggestions for something under a grand?..something that would cope with having PS, illustrator, Indesign etc open at once?..something with decent ram?...processor?..

I was looking at these...

What do you think?...

I've always been impressed by the Alienware range. But it might a bit pricey.

Have you checked out the outlet stores?

I got my Laptop from the Dell outlet.

4 gb ram
    Dual core 2.56 ghz
    256mb graphics card
    2 x 160 gb harddrives
    loads of ports
    blu-ray player/dvd burner
    hi definition display
    (oh and a full keyboard.... score, like my laptop has a sep number pad.)

It was about 780

You can pick some great bargains.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

I have had a Dell laptop since 2002 and it still runs. I have CS installed on it now. The only thing I upgraded later was the ram. bumped it up to 2G when I installed CS. After all these years the only thing that is wrong with it is it's not as pretty as my macbook air. But it's my first laptop and I can't seem to part with it.
      *sings* "I am slowly going crazy switch. Slowly crazy am I going switch"

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.