Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query over laptop purchase...

Hey guys...

I've to give suggestions to my boss about potential laptops for him to issue me with for my job.

They're not in a position to purchase Macs (which would be the most ideal for me)

Any suggestions for something under a grand?..something that would cope with having PS, illustrator, Indesign etc open at once?..something with decent ram?...processor?..

I was looking at these...http://www.euro.dell.com/ie/en/home/...=iedhs1&~ck=mn

What do you think?...

I've always been impressed by the Alienware range. But it might a bit pricey.

Have you checked out the outlet stores?

I got my Laptop from the Dell outlet.

4 gb ram
    Dual core 2.56 ghz
    256mb graphics card
    2 x 160 gb harddrives
    wifi
    bluetooth
    loads of ports
    blu-ray player/dvd burner
    hi definition display
    etc.
    (oh and a full keyboard.... score, like my laptop has a sep number pad.)

It was about 780

You can pick some great bargains.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

I have had a Dell laptop since 2002 and it still runs. I have CS installed on it now. The only thing I upgraded later was the ram. bumped it up to 2G when I installed CS. After all these years the only thing that is wrong with it is it's not as pretty as my macbook air. But it's my first laptop and I can't seem to part with it.
      *sings* "I am slowly going crazy 1.2.3.4.5.6. switch. Slowly crazy am I going 6.5.4.3.2.1. switch"

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X