Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• vaprarts
    Reply to Down selling to clients
    vaprarts
    Now i have no real experience working with clients but in my opinion you did what most designers should do. You are being hired as a designer not an artist. Its our job to create work that makes sense....
    Today, 02:58 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Zoo Business Card Critique Wanted
    Buda
    I really like the aesthetic.

Will you do more in the series? You could have a different design for different departments.
    Today, 02:44 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Sweden's official national typeface
    Buda
    Cool idea but I'm not convinced that font will work in every situation. Can they remove Comic Sans from all government computers? That would be a nice start.

My mum works for a government...
    Today, 02:43 AM
  • it52
    Reply to Infographics...struggle
    it52
    I do find them a bit boring. I think the layout and graphics themselves are too simple. I think you can definitely try adding some more detail to the graphics and experiment a bit more with your layo...
    Today, 01:19 AM
  • <b>
    Reply to Down selling to clients
    <b>
    I always try to recommend what I think will work best for the client -- even when it means a lower fee for me. It sort of boils down to a matter of being professional and honest, which as far as I'm concerned,...
    Today, 12:40 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InDesign Extract All Pages Script

http://indesignsecrets.com/free-scri...sign-files.php

Just saw that blog post this morning. I've seen one or two requests on the forums before requiring splitting a document to individual pages.

Make sure you read the blog and the issues with the script, along with comments. I'm sure if you have specific issues you could post them in the blog. Scripts can be fixed if there are things not working right for you.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

I have to do this all the time.
    Splitting out pages while keeping the formatting is a very complex thing.
    I use a Badia Software plug-in for this called Exportools (thanks Urstwile ). And even that isn't perfect.
    You gotta be REAL careful about junk from the Master pages showing up on exported pages and many times it is unfortunate that you have to release all objects from the master just to make them work. But it sure beats copy/pasting.
    Last edited by PrintDriver; 03-05-2010, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Eh I think I put you onto the Badia Export tools

Yes it's in it's infancy stage and does work for simple documents.

I've just emailed a document to the script author to work out kinks I've noticed when I tried a file.

So hopefully a newer better version will be available real soon *crosses fingers and toes*

Comment

Here's a related thread

http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...ighlight=Badia

Comment

Sorry there. Thought it was Urst.
          Anyway, I'll let you work out the kinks. I've beaten the ExporTool into submission and it works for what we have to smash apart.

Comment

Very good. I know it's not ideal. But it's very cool that people are really wanting this. Perhaps if we make enough noise then the next edition or the one after will have this feature built-in.

Until then we've to rely on scripters, plugins and the good people that set-aside their valuable time to make these things happen

Comment

Quite frankly, Adobe doesn't always think logically and they never EVER think about large format. They still haven't figured out that we CAN do transparent spot colors digitally...

Comment

Well the more you learn about Adobe software and more you delve into it you realise it can't do everything.

Ventura is still miles ahead of InDesign in regards to typesetting features. If Ventura wasn't so unstable I'd be using it to this day.

But I do like a lot about InDesign kinda forced to use it through unstability of Ventura and issues that Quark brought to the table.

For example, InDesign still can't do endnotes, footnotes have not been updated since InDesign hit the market. Not being able to span columns etc.

In new releases of the software things that worked in CS3 didn't work in CS4? It's crazy.

But you know the good stuff definitely outways the bad stuff. We just have to make do with what we've got.

I don't know though it's just a bit strange. The whole thing.

Comment

yeah, well, with software, once you throw a designer in the mix, all bets are off.
                  The Adobe programs are just complex enough that people should be required a license to operate them.

Wait.
                  Then I'd be out of a job...
                  Yay for Adobe. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                  Working...
                  X