• MichaelWied
    Comment on Company Logo Rebranding Critique
    MichaelWied
    Cant' see it for some reason.
    Today, 04:15 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Please help with company logo
    Buda
    Is the company name still The Fitness Doctors? The latest logo doesn't show this.
    Today, 03:38 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Happy Last Friday of July!!!!
    Buda
    Oh lala, if your summer is ending, that means my winter is ending.

Amazing pirate mermaid wedding! I went to a pirate birthday party on a boat once but that doesn't even compare to a wedding....
    Today, 03:35 AM
  • salsa
    Reply to Freelance Advice - Family Conflict
    salsa
    If it were me, I'd just write off all the work done so far as pro bono. Like several others already mentioned, I do all family work for free and if they want to pay me then that's an extra bonus.
    Today, 03:23 AM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to Freelance Advice - Family Conflict
    Kayekaye
    I had inlaws approach me for a logo and website. What a nightmare. They are a married professional couple and said "Of course we would pay you, $___ (an amount that barely covers 2 hours of work)...
    Today, 03:07 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mounting for my wall

Ok so my better half wants me to put my skills to use for creating some creative images of the brats for our living room wall. Im creating the photos with some very different sizes, some long, some tall.

Now, iv never mounted anything to hang like that. So im looking for some pointers. Has anyone done this?

Do you know of a diy site that will show some tips?

Originally posted by Oldat29 View Post
    So im looking for some pointers.

Find a better half that won't make you hang stuff up!
    Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Originally posted by CkretAjint View Post
      Find a better half that won't make you hang stuff up!
      If life was the simple, all men would be fat and lazy...lmao

Comment

if you use an acrylic base paint I your okay if you get some vinyl decals made. proper mounting would require premask, you also use soapy water in a spray bottle to be able to squeegee all the air bubbles out.

If decals aren't an option, have you though about using gel medium, the stuff acrylic painters use, we use to use it to mount with on some projects, but you can also do some need xerox copying projects with it. Also if you get a matte finish verstion you can go over the pics with no problems. any effort to remove them will require scraping and repainting later though.
        Tapp-d
        "I has puter, I isam dsgna?!"

Comment

gel medium is also fairly cheap if I remember right
          Tapp-d
          "I has puter, I isam dsgna?!"

Comment

Dro are you telling him to stick printed vinyl stickers of his 'brats' on the wall?

If these are photo prints, most art stores sell framing kits (the common term is Nielsen frames but others make them). You just by the height rails and the width rails and screw them together, snap in the hanging hardware, put a nail in the wall and voila. How hard is that?
            Well, you might have to ask them to cut you a piece of non-glare acrylic to fit your dimensions...Forgot that part.
            Last edited by PrintDriver; 03-11-2010, 02:06 PM.

Comment

TY pd, just what i was looking for...

ty everyone else to.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
              Working...
              X