Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Buda
    Reply to A logo needs help
    Buda
    It looks like a logo for a dating website. I think you need a different concept.
    Today, 12:21 AM
  • Buda
    Comment on A New design agency with the mindset of 10-15 years ago…
    Buda
    I learn to pick my battles. Some clients will resist, others will listen and take on advice. But it can be tricky when your client is management.
    Today, 12:15 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Just rebranded my design company
    Buda
    Nice logo. I like how it's kinda looks spartan which in my opinion a very strong symbol.

The only things I would change is that in the BC and LH the logo looks very big compared to the s...
    Today, 12:13 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Hi everyone !
    Buda
    Hi LumLum1013 and welcome to GDF.

We ask every new member to read the threads posted HERE, particularly this thread to get acquainted with how things work on GDF. They will explain how...
    Today, 12:12 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Please help with company logo
    Buda
    Research is an important part of any new business. Never start a business without researching the existing market.

Do at least a few hours of research of your competition's branding. Get...
    Today, 12:12 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business card types

Ok so i have a client who wants his business cards done but has no idea of what he would like. Iv asked him about paper and process. He has never seen most print styles, like raised ink or debossed on cotton. So is there a site online that has images of all the types together. I know there is 1000's of site scattered across the web with all this info but i would rather not have to collect images and then upload.

So if anyone knows of 1 or 2 sites that will show a list of print process, i will forever be in their debt.

Don't you have a morgue file of samples to show the client? We have actual printed paper samples that we show clients so they can hold and feel the pieces.

If you don't you should go to paper manufacturer web sites and request samples. There's no substitute for having them in-hand.
    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

I call up different paper suppliers and ask them for samples. Some may even have printed samples.

It's very difficult to get hold of samples when you're just starting out and building up your own collection. Even visiting printing companies and playing the "fool" and enquiring about samples they have and what stocks they are etc.

You can get some really cool pieces with the info you require.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Problem is, only contact i have is over the phone or by email. Im in dublin hes in the U.K.

Comment

Maybe you should ask him his budget first before he starts falling in love with spot UV, gold foil, embossing and diecuts?
          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I did, hes open to suggestions, so i collected a few examples and mailed them to him.

It was his suggestion to do something different, he hates basic stock, so il just wait for a reply.

Thank you for the suggestions anyway guys.

Comment

I just used the word suggestion 3 times. lol.... 4 now

Comment

I think the craziest ones that I saw in person where stamped aluminum.

the person used those tags that you can get to identify machines and put his contact info on it. He was in that type of industry so it all made sense - his sales contacts when through the roof. People hold on to something different, if it is a quality something different.

Jade

Comment

Absolutely! Can you divulge what his business is? You could brainstorm non paper solutions.
                  It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

We decided on a clear plastic card. He is a psychologist and the concept behind the clear plastic is clarity. How he helps people see through their problems. Im looking forward to it because its a first for me..

Comment

You should send him this - he'll love it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YBxeDN4tbk

Comment

Originally posted by eugenetyson View Post
                        You should send him this - he'll love it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YBxeDN4tbk

Love that vid. The EGO on some people is just to funny.

You ever see this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ1_TAP_gbw&NR=1

Comment

Here's a link somebody posted here a while back: http://www.fubiz.net/2008/06/04/70-a...usiness-cards/

Comment

Originally posted by Oldat29 View Post
                            Love that vid. The EGO on some people is just to funny.

You ever see this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ1_TAP_gbw&NR=1

Classic - "It doesn't fit in an elephants ear because it doesn't belong in an elephant's ear!"

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                            Working...
                            X