Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EEEKKK Pantone cost a car

Hello,

Does anyone have a "gently used or old" pantone (textile) book they are no longer using? Or can suggest where to get one at a really affordable price and I do mean cheap? I do not mind having 120 sample booklet to start.

Willing to take donations.

Thank you for any leads.

lee

Are you a student? Some student art and bookshops sell them at a cheaper rate.
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

It's one of the tools of the trade, just like the software and hardware required to do design. I know they seem like a lot of money but if you take care of it, keep it out of the light when not in use it will last for many years. Hardly anybody sells their PMS books unless they are too old to be useful anymore.

Comment

where do you buy your cars? stop buying coffee for a month and you'll have enough for a pantone book

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Originally posted by kool View Post
          it's one of the tools of the trade, just like the software and hardware required to do design. I know they seem like a lot of money but if you take care of it, keep it out of the light when not in use it will last for many years. Hardly anybody sells their pms books unless they are too old to be useful anymore.

this!!!!!!

Comment

I know it isn`t ideal but I have a pdf version you can have. Let me know an email addy to send it to if you want it. ( I tried to attach it to this post but the file is too big, just, 173kb)

Comment

Don't bother. A pdf version will never match the original PMS chips. Ever. Not on the monitor and not on a printout.

Comment

I sales guy came up to our Vutek and assuredly placed his iphone on the print with the pantone colour on his screen. Was this an example of electronics convergance?
                No, just stupidity.
                "After all is said and done, more is said than done."
                Aesop

Comment

Budafist - definitely not a student but thx.

And i have soooo many pdf versions - printdriver you are right on this.

I called pantone.com and they told me the pantone i need 4 Screen Printing designs cost $109 which is their newest paper type samples which basically looks like a fan...that's not a bad price; my designer thought it would be $200 & $500....so I think that i will make this investment and later on i can upgrade to a better sample book such as TPX...

So now that i know which one i need i think i will see if i can price match from say ebay or amazon???

Comment

sign up to the pantone news letter. Occasionally they have special offers. You'll receive a lot of other junk to get that gem though.

Comment

I stopped buying lunch for a month to save for InDesign CS5 upgrade (200)

Wasn't worth it

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

that's a great idea. thank you. where has this group been all my life (smile!!)

Comment

Ha ha, MikeHun, I had someone do that recently too. Brought me their phone to show me the 'Pantone chips' they had that will make color matching easier on site.

Doh!

Comment

eugenetyson - that doesn't give me much hope (smile!)

how about this...as we all know there are plenty of business going under (sorry guys) but its true....people are always looking to "liquidate"..I think if i place a
                            ad and say "gentle used if not new" maybe i can find a really great deal???

Hey guys would you please add me? i would like to get your insights when i drop my salesman samples i am going public june 1st....EEEEKKKKK!!!! (not to change the subject but....)

Comment

oh yeah are there any bad thing I should be aware of posting via such things via this site?

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X