Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first book review: Making Ideas Happen by Scott Belsky

Hey,

This is my first review I've ever done. I hope it helps. I plan on doing more in the coming weeks.

Best,
    Jahanzeb

Review Link: http://www.storyofarealboy.com/2010/...-scott-belsky/

I hope I've posted this in the correct location.

I've written a few reviews and they can be tough. At the end they should leave the reader with a good understanding of what is being reviewed and if it is something they will receive a benefit from. That was a good review, good job.

Comment

Thanks Kool for taking the time to read it and very glad you enjoyed it. It is tough to write the review, what points to cover etc.. can be a bit daunting.

Next book I'm going to try review is " made to stick", looking forward to that one. Writing reviews is actually making me take better notes and my comprehension of the subjects seem to have gone up.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• HotButton
        Reply to Bad at my design job, how to improve attention to detail?
        HotButton
        Your wisdom and experience are showing again. It's true there are all types of work situations to be found, and very few of them qualify as a "dream job." Whether you can tolerate a situation,...
        Today, 02:20 PM
      • B
        Comment on Student looking for advice
        B
        Yup. That's largely my take on things too. Maybe I'm jaded by the constant parade of newbies, wannabes, amateurs and kids on the forum making artsy, fartsy whatevers in Photoshop and proposing to go into...
        Today, 02:19 PM
      • MumboJum73
        Reply to Stock art collection -- need dozens of pix all with same artistic style
        MumboJum73
        I know a few designers who crossover. Figured there is a reason for the digital illustration and art classes we take in our schooling. Some may weild the skill level to draw pencils and umbrellas, not...
        Today, 12:06 PM
      • B
        Reply to Bad at my design job, how to improve attention to detail?
        B
        As the person who oversees both the creative group and the marketing where I work, I spend a whole lot of time dealing with marketing, marketers and places where marketers have varying degrees of control....
        Today, 11:45 AM
      • salsa
        Reply to Creative Block - Type for branding
        salsa
        So did they ask you to adjust their logo or not? If not, you'll just have to live with it. If they have, then it's your job as the designer to understand what typeface to use to communicate something....
        Today, 10:10 AM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X