Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• ISitude
    Reply to Common font, but what is it? Please help.
    ISitude
    Upstairs inside my head I class fonts in categories. In the Serif category I remember this face because of its pointy serif, and I remember its name mainly because the Ss look like a Boa Constrictor that...
    Today, 05:52 PM
  • ISitude
    Comment on Common font, but what is it? Please help.
    ISitude
    WELCOME!!
    Today, 05:41 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Dissertation topic
    KitchWitch
    Hi ejl and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 05:01 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Common font, but what is it? Please help.
    <b>
    I have a weird mental block when it comes to this typeface. Whenever I see it, I can never remember its name. Maybe it's because there's absolutely nothing about the face that seems even remotely ser...
    Today, 04:02 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Client hasn't paid and is using my website!!
    <b>
    I haven't heard the client's side of the story, but just taking what you've written at face value, you're dealing with a big-time deadbeat and a thief. Getting this person to voluntarily hand over payment...
    Today, 03:56 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master's in Graphic Design or Recommended Programs

I have a BFA in Graphic Design and I am pursuing continuing my education with a Master's Degree in Design.

Does anyone recommend any good schools? I am leaning in the direction of Web Design or Interaction Design, but I am not sure what prereqs I would need to continue.

Please help!

What area are you in? Or does it matter
    "Insert Sig Here"

Comment

How long have you been in the industry? IMO the Masters should compliment your industry experience, not mirror it. For instance, rather than go back to school for a Masters in Graphic Design, you might consider an advanced degree in a corollary area like Advertising/Marketing or Exhibit Design or a Teaching Certification, or if planning to start your own studio, an MBA.

The trick with a Masters is not to appear overqualified. You don't say if you are currently a student who wishes to continue on or if you've been 'out there' a while and looking for a theoretical step up.

The problem with the BFA student who goes directly into a Masters program is they are high on theory but have no real practical skills.

The returning student may have the skills but a Masters in Graphic Design may appear as overkill by the HR person doing the sifting of resumes. Not always but sometimes.

The returning student who supplements their degree with a different but related degree is far more marketable IMO.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
      Working...
      X