Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• skribe
    Reply to Latest Bloomberg Businessweek Cover
    skribe
    Wow. I would be hanging my head in shame if I created that, and it got published all over the world.
    Today, 06:23 AM
  • skribe
    Reply to Please Help
    skribe
    What you have there looks like it is embroidery possibly by hand....
    Today, 06:07 AM
  • skribe
    Reply to Logo design for Game Developer
    skribe
    @Printdriver Nice find. So I just had to do some digging to keep in practice. The original design was done by an individual named John Le aka Dragonkhn. Apparently the Backtrack group did use it originally...
    Today, 05:30 AM
  • skribe
    Comment on Logo design for Game Developer
    skribe
    Double yikes!
    Today, 04:57 AM
  • PrestoArts
    Reply to Logo design for Game Developer
    PrestoArts
    So help me understand if you don't mind me further pestering you all. I like the "concept" of a dragon wrapping around a word. I've done some sketches trying different things. Am I in the wrong...
    Today, 01:15 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• website for combining small images side by side

I need to tweak some background images (more specifically: crop it twice--once from each side--to cut out some white space in the middle) and don't have graphic programs installed on my work PC at the moment.

I found a website that allowed me to crop as needed, so now I just need to stitch the 2 new images back together.

The images are small (50px by 30px) and in GIF.

So far, all the online tools I've found were either 1) geared towards overlaying image #2 over image #2 (which doesn't help me) or 2) making panoramas of photos (which you'd think would work, but they all seem to balk when I try to make panoramas of such small images).

I know this is a trivial task with any image editing app, but I don't have admin privileges for installing software so I can't install, say, GIMP. Until the IT Dept gets around to giving me some software, I have to rely on web-based tools.

Any suggestions? There must be a zillion sites out there, but I haven't figured out the keywords to find them yet.

Thanks.

Svend

I like http://www.pixlr.com/editor/

Comment

There's a few online thingys http://www.splashup.com/light/

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Cut and paste into MS Paint?
        *sings* "I am slowly going crazy 1.2.3.4.5.6. switch. Slowly crazy am I going 6.5.4.3.2.1. switch"

Comment

There's several to do some decent level editing online, including aviary.com's suite. Phoenix is their image editro, but they also have vector editing, sound editing, etc.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Originally posted by Treefrog View Post
            That's Awesome.
            "I used to wonder what friendship could be, Until you all shared its magic with me." - Jesus Christ

Comment

thanks

Thanks for the suggestions, folks. All of those sites except for Pixelr (which is really slick!) are blocked by our overzealous firewall.

Hadn't thought of using MS Paint. Might work for some things, I imagine.

thanks.

Comment

Also, You can carry a portable version of GIMP(for example) around on a flash drive. You don't have to have admin or installation privileges to use it.
                "I used to wonder what friendship could be, Until you all shared its magic with me." - Jesus Christ

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                Working...
                X