Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portfolio border design ideas

Hi everyone,

Basically I am an year 1, Architecture student and everything we do has to be presented on A1 A2 sheets of paper. So I am looking to put together a border for the sheets to make them look a little more professional.

Problem is, all I seem to be able to come up with is simple lines etc.

I am just looking for a little advice as to what I should be looking at for inspiration etc.

Im not after anything extravagant, just a simple border that looks professional and displays some basic information such as; name etc but adds a little design to each sheet.

So any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Go to Amazon.com and type this in the search field and search under Books:
    Dover clip art borders

This will give you a list of titles. Most of which you will find in the Art Section of any large bookstore. Thumb through or buy one. You might luck out and get one with a disk (but don't count on the artwork being vector. That part might be up to you)

Comment

The best portfolio templates are the most simple ones. Let the work speak for itself. You could also make a printed label to stick in the corner of your work that has the details.
      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

If these are architectural drawings, I'm thinking he is working on slightly adjusting the normal borders and title blocks found in regular architectural drawings. But Buda is right, you don't want the border to overwhelm your drawings.

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I will stick to the simple lines and look into the idea of printed label as well.

Cheers.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
          Working...
          X