Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• iambunny
    Reply to I now work full-time for a printer!
    iambunny
    Wow, I just came to check on this post and realized that what I typed on my phone on my lunch break on Friday did not go through like I thought it did. Sorry guys!

Anyway, thanks so much...
    Today, 03:38 AM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Hello GDF!
    KitchWitch
    Mini welcome tacos!

Today, 12:46 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to School assignment: Collateral campaign
    PrintDriver
    Um...do you seriously want to focus on blowing bubbles for a disease that pretty much drowns you in mucous???
    Today, 12:31 AM
  • Roth
    Reply to New Logo
    Roth
    The blue scales remind me of Bumblebee's face. Whichever way you choose to go, make it the simpler version, so for example the two circles rather than the literal scales, you want to show not tell. Make...
    Yesterday, 10:33 PM
  • Roth
    Reply to Poster critique
    Roth
    He looks like he's been in a fight with a cassette.

You can't do a poster and assume you'll throw all the imporant when and where stuff in later. They're integral.
    Yesterday, 10:24 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Graphic Design course from DarTT

Hi all,
    I am new to this forum.I joined this forum today only.I want to to know
    if someone has done online GD course from
    DarTT(Digital arts technology training Institute)?If yes how is it?

Thanks

If you want to do a online design school your better off paying nothing and read and watch video tutorials.
    "Insert Sig Here"

Comment

I haven't taken that one. I am a student at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh though, for Graphics Design. Which program are you looking at, how long is it, etc.

As for doing online school...apparently, liqwidsilver has either not done much, or didn't work very hard at it. That's the normal attitude for people who have either of the prior mentioned issues. Online school takes personal dedication to ht eoutcome. Much more so than on the ground school. There is nothing to motivate you at home. In fact, I would say that there are WAY more distractions with online school.

What you will learn is very largely up to you. How much time and energy you put in is how much you will get out.

As for that whole thing about only being video tutorials....THAT'S TOTAL BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I have "lectures" to go through, assignments to do, etc. There is a lot of reading at AIPOD, and there is of work to be done.

Honestly, I wish everyone could take one online course, just once. If so, liqwid's statement would never have been made.
      "Go ahead, make your logos in PS. We charge extra money to redraw your logo into vector art so it can be printed on promotional product. Cha CHING! " - CCericola

Comment

Originally posted by darkwolf29a View Post
        I haven't taken that one. I am a student at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh though, for Graphics Design. Which program are you looking at, how long is it, etc.

As for doing online school...apparently, liqwidsilver has either not done much, or didn't work very hard at it. That's the normal attitude for people who have either of the prior mentioned issues. Online school takes personal dedication to ht eoutcome. Much more so than on the ground school. There is nothing to motivate you at home. In fact, I would say that there are WAY more distractions with online school.

What you will learn is very largely up to you. How much time and energy you put in is how much you will get out.

As for that whole thing about only being video tutorials....THAT'S TOTAL BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I have "lectures" to go through, assignments to do, etc. There is a lot of reading at AIPOD, and there is of work to be done.

Honestly, I wish everyone could take one online course, just once. If so, liqwid's statement would never have been made.
        You will never learn as much from an online school than you would from sitting in a class with an instructor over your shoulder. That is what my statement means. If you are willing to pay for that and not want to go to school in person then do it for free at home. Design is not an at home school if you want a degree but you can learn design at home. You say all that bout me yet in the end of that 2nd paragraph you pretty much say the exact same I did in a different way.
        "Insert Sig Here"

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
        Working...
        X