• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panotone Plus Library for Adobe

http://www.pantone.com/pages/Pantone...?pg=20721&ca=1

If anyone needs it

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

F*ing Pantone...
    That book is great for designers. Sucks for printers to have to look up colors in an index to find the friggin chip.
    <for those of you who haven't seen one, the colors are now arranged chromatically, NOT numerically. PITA>

They just want to piss off enough people so they'll switch to the chromatic GOE system.
    Not gonna happen...

Comment

ugh. gads. anybody know if how radically they changed the mixes this time?
      Remember: Wherever you go, there you are.

Comment

I don't have the formula book. Doing a spot check of the colors that always cause us problems, most appear to be the same. We are seeing some variance in some of the blues but probably no more shift than we see generally from book to book. If a designer doesn't send us chips, we might ask what the date is on their book and if it's all that critical, talk them into a proof.
        I love shifting standards.
        They've also added additional colors and a whole new set of metallic numbers starting with PMS 10101 through 10399.
        I hate Pantone.
        Last edited by PrintDriver; 08-11-2010, 04:44 PM.

Comment

the worst part about pantones is that almost no one actually prints to pantones (and for magazines that is really true).
          So clients send me their colours in pantone, which is fine, I convert to CMYK and then they get all huffy when they get the magazine in that their colour is slightly off... well then get your GD who did your logo to send me the CMYK!
          </end rant>
          I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

I have just the opposite problem. People send me CMYK and expect me to hit their pantone. It doesn't work that way either.

Comment

lol. fair enough PD.

oh the fun eh?

Comment

A laugh riot.

Comment

Originally posted by Audentia View Post
                  get your GD who did your logo to send me the CMYK!
                  That's part of the problem...they often don't make one. When we make a logo internally we match Pantone coated, uncoated, CMYK and RGB.

When expensive agencies are hired to create an identity, more often than not they dump Pantone logos on us to figure out the rest. Most of the time they don't even take coated & uncoated into account.
                  This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                  "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

^^ I know. it's really pathetic that they don't make a CMYK and RGB version.
                    What's sadder is that I know I'm chasing down other GD's who make like three times my wage to be useless.
                    *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by garricks View Post
                      When expensive agencies are hired to create an identity, more often than not they dump Pantone logos on us to figure out the rest. Most of the time they don't even take coated & uncoated into account.
                      If your lucky.
                      Sometimes you get a 'glassy button' RGB raster file.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                      Working...
                      X