• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Help....

Guys and girls....

Type design...... i want/need a book to learn some type design

Many of you are probably saying 'pheeeewww, finally' right about now

Some suggestions that any of you have used and found very helpful?
    Bashall |

Stop Stealing Sheep & Find Out How Type Works by Erik Spiekermann is a short, easy to ready book on type. Good for a beginner. It's about type setting rather than type design though.
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Some texts may be useful for theoretical knowledge, but I think to actually be able to create some beautiful, original typefaces , it's best to just look at lots of typefaces by professional type designers.

Maybe pick up the Umbrella Type Specimen Book. The cover itself is beautiful, and there's a ton of beautiful typefaces in there as well.

Latest Topics

• John G
        Reply to Resizing images
        John G
        Resize with 72 dpi (web) (usually the creatives pixel sizes (FONT SIZES) work out with whatever they're working with) It's usually not great, I just flex (and don't get promoted either, **** if I actually...
        Today, 03:52 AM
      • sangbomb
        Reply to adobe photoshop 17.0
        I don't know sorry
        Yesterday, 08:49 PM
      • Guava weasel
        Reply to Business card - need critiques
        Guava weasel
        Thanks for the critique. I went back into Illustrator and reduced the number of colors in the card. I used colors from the Pantone solid matte swatches. I'm not a professional graphic...
        Yesterday, 08:47 PM
      • B
        Reply to Question About Broken Links, and Still Being Able to View Them
        When an image is imported, a low-resolution preview is created and stored in the file when it's saved. Whether the associated file is accessible or not, the low-resolution preview that was created when...
        Yesterday, 08:18 PM
      • KitchWitch
        Reply to Question About Broken Links, and Still Being Able to View Them
        Hi Jframe2002 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
        Yesterday, 08:11 PM

Incredible Stock
      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings