• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Help....

Guys and girls....

Type design...... i want/need a book to learn some type design

Many of you are probably saying 'pheeeewww, finally' right about now

Some suggestions that any of you have used and found very helpful?
    Bashall |

Stop Stealing Sheep & Find Out How Type Works by Erik Spiekermann is a short, easy to ready book on type. Good for a beginner. It's about type setting rather than type design though.
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Some texts may be useful for theoretical knowledge, but I think to actually be able to create some beautiful, original typefaces , it's best to just look at lots of typefaces by professional type designers.

Maybe pick up the Umbrella Type Specimen Book. The cover itself is beautiful, and there's a ton of beautiful typefaces in there as well.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FrontEndDev99
        Tell me about SASS.
        FrontEndDev99
        I was wondering how many of you use SASS and how you went about learning it. I finished going to school for web development and have a great understanding of css, but didn't learn anything about pre-processors...
        Today, 04:38 PM
      • MumboJum73
        Comment on Faithful Resume! I Wore My Kevlar!
        MumboJum73
        I learn something new everyday PrintDriver!! haha
        Today, 04:35 PM
      • bigdata
        Reply to Help: Identify the font please.
        bigdata
        Looks like Neuton Cursive by Brian M. Zick
        Today, 03:11 PM
      • B
        Reply to Communications degree?
        B
        Coupled with a 4-year degree in design, yeah, it could be a definite plus. As a person who actually does make hiring decisions, lots of recent design graduates gloss over the fact that graphic design...
        Today, 02:57 PM
      • Payso
        Communications degree?
        Payso
        I am currently attending a community college and plan to transfer to get a bachelors in graphic design. My current college doesn't offer an AA in design for transfer and I was curious if an AA in Communications...
        Today, 02:38 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X