• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Help....

Guys and girls....

Type design...... i want/need a book to learn some type design

Many of you are probably saying 'pheeeewww, finally' right about now

Some suggestions that any of you have used and found very helpful?
    Bashall |

Stop Stealing Sheep & Find Out How Type Works by Erik Spiekermann is a short, easy to ready book on type. Good for a beginner. It's about type setting rather than type design though.
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Some texts may be useful for theoretical knowledge, but I think to actually be able to create some beautiful, original typefaces , it's best to just look at lots of typefaces by professional type designers.

Maybe pick up the Umbrella Type Specimen Book. The cover itself is beautiful, and there's a ton of beautiful typefaces in there as well.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PrintDriver
        Reply to Text only printer?
        PrintDriver
        If you want your letter to get through the mail without melting in the rain, you might lean more toward laser. But check before you buy that the stock you want to use will make the turn through the fuser....
        Today, 06:11 AM
      • corabict
        Comment on Classrom Ads Projects
        corabict
        That;s true and it's sensible, but it's hard because for someone that's not a pro or a beginner as myself doing good design is accidental , there's always a room for improvement. So when he gets no feedback...
        Today, 03:10 AM
      • schteeeeve
        Reply to Text only printer?
        schteeeeve
        Hey PD. Cheers for replying. I posted the above a tad tired so I'll try to clear up your questions...

So about the purpose of the machine. It's only job really is to make sure that letters...
        Today, 02:42 AM
      • B
        Reply to Help Recreating this Type of Graphic: Any software suggestions
        B
        My definition of data visualization is just that, the visualization of data. This could be anything from a simple Excel pie chart to something as elaborate as what the OP posted. I don't know how you've...
        Today, 12:29 AM
      • bigdata
        Reply to Help Recreating this Type of Graphic: Any software suggestions
        bigdata
        Apologies for taking this much of the OP's thread and I get what you guys are saying.

But data visualization is about the flow of data from there to there.

The examples posted...
        Yesterday, 10:28 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X