Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Kayekaye
    Comment on Seeking critiques
    Kayekaye
    Try a thin rule circle for the sun inside the diamond like sun points. Would have to be heavier the smaller it went. But currently I find very few black only demands for logos like yours. You can always...
    Today, 08:49 PM
  • salsa
    Reply to Happy Last Friday of July!!!!
    salsa
    Happy Friday! I'm going to have to go back and find some of these threads! LOL. How do I miss them? Is there a secret passageway to where all the good stuff is kept? It feels like high school all over...
    Today, 08:31 PM
  • Cosmo
    Comment on Please help with company logo
    Cosmo
    There is way too much going on. Think about that logo the size it needs to be on a business card. Will you still be able to make out all the different elements? Simplify, simplify, simplify.
    Today, 08:28 PM
  • Cosmo
    Comment on Please help with company logo
    Cosmo
    We are telling you what needs to be done to fix the problem. Unfortunately it's not as simple as "this wire has come loose" or "replace the motor".

When a client comes...
    Today, 08:26 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Company name help!
    kemingMatters
    CrE8v spelling for the sake of KrE-8f spelling isn't a distinction it's confusion, it's a business name not a personalized license plate.
    Today, 08:05 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credible Freelance Bid Sites

Sorry if this is discussed somewhere else.

What are the credible freelance sites where we can bid on jobs. I don't mind buying the bids, I just want to make sure it's legit. Any suggestions/experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Have you chcked the classified section here? There's also another one called freelanceconnect.com thats owned by the same company as the gdf (or something like that). Maybe give that a shot.
    I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

Thanks! Yeah, I checked those, and will continue to, but I'm looking for something where can be a little more pro-active than just waiting for things to be posted.

I know there are sites out there where you can purchase bids, but I don't want to be bidding on fake jobs posted by the website itself.

Comment

Not quite sure what you mean by "purchase bids".
        Are you looking to get on a Short List (or pre-qualified list) for requests for proposals?

Comment

No, I'm just talking about the sites where you purchase rights to bid on jobs that are posted to the site. Basically, client posts jobs to site, designers buy "leads" to obtain the ability to bid on the job, and then the client can choose whichever bidder they want.

Comment

So you're bidding for the right to bid?

Comment

No, you're not bidding to get to bid, your buying the right to bid. For example, you pay $30 for 15 credits. Then you see a job you'd like to do. You then use your creditsto bid on that job. We'll say it requires 5 credits for that particular job. And typically they have a limit to the amount of people that can bid on one job so that the designer has a better chance of getting the job. When the bidding ends, the person/company that posted the job chooses from those that bid.

Comment

Goshdarnit, why didn't I think of that. Designers paying to bid work.

You want to do this? Are there others like you?

If the company decides not to choose any of the bidders, do you get your credits back or is that part of the risk?

Anything that involves money up front for credits is suspect in my book.
                That said, there are sources of work out there where you pre-qualify, not with credits but with experience. Experience counts more than ponying up some phony credits for cash. And that said too, it takes a heck of a lot of billable time to do the paperwork on that work. So you do pay for it, in a way.

Where are those sources, you ask? I forget.
                Last edited by PrintDriver; 01-04-2011, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Yeah. I'm in the wrong business. Well in the right business but on the wrong end.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                  Working...
                  X