No announcement yet.

Getting started tablet

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting started tablet

I've been looking into investing in a drawing tablet for my macbook. I don't want anything super nice or expensive since im not very experienced, so my price range is less than $100 (preferably more like $50). I've done some research and many people seem to think wacom's are the best drawing tablets, and they have their bamboo tablet that seems to be pretty good for what I'm looking for, but I just wanted to know some experienced opinions. Would this be a good tablet to get? Or is there a better one in the same price range I should look into? I know it only has 512 levels of pressure sensitivity, which seemed to be lower than many other tablets I've been looking at, so is that really a big deal? Or would it even be something a novice would notice? Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated

You should check out this thread.

Some of the information is a bit dated, but most of it still applies.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Latest Topics

• PrintDriver
      Reply to Looking for mentor
      The trouble I've found with most blogs and youtube channels is that it can be difficult to separate the good from the bad. Even Lynda and Adobe have a few really bad tutorials regarding logo design that...
      Today, 04:03 AM
    • PrintDriver
      Reply to How could I get the experience needed for this job....
      As a freelance graphic designer, the way you would get the experience commissioning artwork is by doing it for your own clients. Commissioning artwork is actually fairly easy and it's no big deal...once...
      Today, 03:57 AM
    • Lord Daz
      Reply to PS - FX effects
      Lord Daz
      HotButton thanks a lot for your fantastic explanation! You really helped me alot!

Today, 03:55 AM
    • PrintDriver
      Reply to critique for student work!
      Bridges to Wellbeing...
      Fall colors to represent the vitality of life? Wouldn't spring colors be more appropriate? That orange gradient is bad form. It will make having that done as embroidery or...
      Today, 03:33 AM
    • B
      Reply to Orthography
      Orthography is the set of spelling and punctuation conventions associated with the written form of a language. For example, the following two sentences show differences between British and American o...
      Yesterday, 08:45 PM

Incredible Stock
    GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings