Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Kayekaye
    Reply to Running into brick wall!
    Kayekaye
    I worked for a couple major retail outfits for several years. During that time I encountered much the same thing. We had an art director and creative director but beyond that the buyers of each product...
    Today, 09:06 PM
  • Natrius
    Feedback on record cover
    Natrius
    Hello!
    First of all, I'm new to this forum. I'm a graphic designing Swede who also loves writing/playing music, and this forum seems like a cool place!

I'm working on a record cover,...
    Today, 08:40 PM
  • design4life
    Critique for a Video Organization Logo
    design4life
    http://imgur.com/vGVpWIk

Hi again. This time I've gone with something a little more creative. I do look at this logo and think, "Pretty good" but there is something that I can't...
    Today, 07:58 PM
  • skribe
    Reply to school project one pager
    skribe
    I think it is well executed. Especially for a school project. The roll overs are good, and I really like the eagle spreading its wings. The only thing that caught my eye was the label text on the banners...
    Today, 07:06 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Can anyone help identifying this script typeface?
    KitchWitch
    Hi Eann and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 03:00 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New and seeking a bit of "push-start" help

Hi,

I'm new to using a tablet (and new, but acquainted with photoshop & other adobe productivity programs). I know specifically what my questions are, so I guess I'll just jump straight to them. I am trying to manage everything as best I can without asking questions, but these questions I haven't been able to fully answer myself in the past 48 hours (after doing what research I could in the time that I had). Since I have two whole days (tomorrow and Friday) that I can dedicate to furthering my tablet & art skills, I am hoping that someone can help me with a jump start. I'll just list my dilemmas/questions:

- I am trying to set up the brush, pen, felt, etc settings in Photoshop to what I need them to be. I can manage to get each one to what looks right, however I am unsure if there are presets that are standard that I should be using. I want to be starting and learning with a proper clean slate, and not making a mistake on one of the most simple things (ex. screwing up my tool settings). So if there are brush presets specifically for tablets that are available online for Photoshop, such a resource would be wonderful to be linked to (if possible). I simply want to make sure I'm using the best possible settings for various pencil types, pen types, etc (as I don't accurately know what types of pencil & such I am setting myself).

I actually thought I had a list, but that's about it. I've worked with various kinds of pens & pencils for drawing, but I don't seem to have the same easy access on Photoshop (not the same way), so I'm hoping such a resource is available to set up on Photoshop. Aside from that, if anyone who was caring enough to read through all of this has any other suggestions they'd like to throw out there, that would be wonderful.

Thanks.

http://www.republicofcode.com/tutori...toshop/tablet/

That should make you dangerous. Of course, that assumes that you are using a PC, which you did not specify. If you are using a Mac, you should still be able to install the Wacom files and then go into your System Preferences and mess around with those settings.

Tablets are great for 90% of everything I do on the computer. But, I do still have a trackball for those times when I just cannot get the tablet to do what I want. Normally, when the tablet fails me...it's because I'm being too specific with it. The trackball/mouse is not as precise as a tablet.
    "Go ahead, make your logos in PS. We charge extra money to redraw your logo into vector art so it can be printed on promotional product. Cha CHING! " - CCericola

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
    Working...
    X